2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i had my windows tinted...when i got in my car i opend all windows and closed them to see if everything is ok. but when i closed front two windows (or one of them) i hered a click in switch when window is closed all the way (like when you click mouse button).
anybody heard this when closeing one of front two windows? is it normal? should i worry or not?

thx

·
Registered
107 Posts
Never heard mine click, but if it doesn't affect the operation of the window I doubt it would be much to worry about, maybe get it checked out just in case?

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Mine click when the windows reaches the top of its travel (i.e. fully closed). I think it is the relay switching off when the window senses that it is closed.

My last car did it as well - Don't think you have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
975 Posts
picture of tints?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I think the switch has two contact positions when you push it down, the first is manual operation (i.e. when you release it, the window stops) and the second is the 'Auto' mode. It's the same when you push it down.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the switch has two contact positions when you push it down, the first is manual operation (i.e. when you release it, the window stops) and the second is the 'Auto' mode. It's the same when you push it down.
i know that......but in boath cases i hear a click when windows reach top (full closed)........i mean only front 2 windows........when is automatic or manual i hear same sound (click) when they fully close

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I think I have diesel motors in my front windows. The motors turn with so much torque that the whole door Panel moves!

·
Captain Slog
162 Posts
Try opening the window, then holding the switch in the 'up' position, even until it is closed for a few seconds. Some cars use this method of re-setting the anti-trap mechanism.
If it works, and resets itself, then you will hear a slight click from the door.

To test it, get an old newspaper, open the window, place the newspaper in the open window, and then press the auto close switch. The window should rise, slightly squeeze the paper, then drop back an inch or so :)

Of course this may be compete bol**ks as I dont have a civic.....

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think I have diesel motors in my front windows. The motors turn with so much torque that the whole door Panel moves!
when automatic closed or opened? if so you need to go to honda.........panels moving it's normal......but if the windows is slow on opening or closeing isn't normal.......when i tanted my windows panel's don't move very much like before.......but still are less

2LoonyJohn....this works what you wrote.....i put a paper and windows went down when tuched paper.....

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1 - 13 of 13 Posts