2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all.

I'm after some advice on the from break of my civic.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed a wobble n squeek from the front. Turned out to be a seized nsf brake caliper. So I got a new deal kit rebuilt both front calipers and now all is free.

But the nsf disc is warped. The osf is fine as this wasn't seized. The discs have only done 2k miles and the good disc dosnt look used in the slightest.

Can I get away with just replacing the 1 disc and pads? Seems a waste and expensive to replace both.

Their genuine Honda items so arnt cheap.

Thanks
Graham

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
You could get away with it, but you'd be better off buying OEM (non-Honda) discs and get them both replaced. If you don't, you'll end up with one wearing out before the other, and have the same problem ~10k miles down the road.

Have a look at Brembo or Stoptech discs, they're not a bad price.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
If it's only done 2k I would only do the knackered side. Disc will barely have worn in that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
mmmm bacon
638 Posts
You could probably get the disc faced on a metal lathe at a machine shop, if there's a college with mechanical engineering workshops nearby they could do it, just a suggestion, cheaper than a new set of discs.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
just get blueprint blank discs, same discs without the honda stamp and because of this a fraction of the price... i use them on my s2k and so far they've done 6 track days and have been fine, they will be changed shortly. ive been running them with the very aggresive CL RC5+ brake pads, and theyve coped fine.

no problems at all with them and ive tried dics that cost 3 times as much, complete waste of money, but you live and learn!

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
just get blueprint blank discs, same discs without the honda stamp and because of this a fraction of the price... i use them on my s2k and so far they've done 6 track days and have been fine, they will be changed shortly. ive been running them with the very aggresive CL RC5+ brake pads, and theyve coped fine.

no problems at all with them and ive tried dics that cost 3 times as much, complete waste of money, but you live and learn!
Totally agree

1 - 7 of 7 Posts