2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've bought some fibreglass air intakes for the fog light triangles from eBay (Mugen rip off).

TDI are going to frabricate some pipping to feed air into the wheel arches for brake cooling on track days, obviously the best possible solution is to replace the backplate on the discs with one that actually has a fitting to put the pipe onto so the air is forced directly onto the back fo the disc.

1) because you want to cool the brake as much as possible and 2) because from an aero point of view, forcing large amounts of air at high speed into the wheel well can cause some turbulence which is probably not great for traction and stability.

I've been searching on eBay and various other places and no one seems to sell. Does anyone know if and where you might source one?

See:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those air intakes are cool, i fitted mine today however i used it to feed a cold air pipe up to my k&n intake. Feeding them to the brakes is a good idea!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
I think it would need to be custom made to do exactly what you're after. Cut out your backing plate and rivet on a coupler like the image below?

There's also an existing solution that attaches directly to the caliper slider bolts, originally intended for an EP3, that was shared on another post recently too.

Is that your car in the picture shared? If so, I'd check your damper as it looks to have leaked/failed.

Reactions: NPC

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@DUNCAN. Looks good. Like the black on red theme.

@SilverCider - yeah, think it looks like it would need to be a custom fabricated job.

And yes, that's my car and the shocks are shot, I've got BC Coilovers in the post and waiting for a slot to get them set up.

I'm a bit worried about driving it an hour to the shop actually, it's not too bad but it does bob up and down, nervous they'll give away altogether on the motorway...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts