2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Has any of you's experienced the front pads clicking when using brake hold or the electronic hand brake then braking for the first time going forward....... or either reversing then driving forward which results in the pads clicking( sticking a bit ) the first time you apply the brakes

thanks in advance

Dave

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi Guys

Has any of you's experienced the front pads clicking when using brake hold or the electronic hand brake then braking for the first time going forward....... or either reversing then driving forward which results in the pads clicking( sticking a bit ) the first time you apply the brakes

thanks in advance

Dave
Is it clicking because the pads loose or more like a grabbing noise ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would say clicking (sticking) more than grabbing if you reverse then go forward applying the brakes you get a click as if the pads are moved into the correct position if that makes sense ..?

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
Very common issue. It's usually because the shims behind the pads have worked loose or weren't installed - the noise is the pads moving.
If that is the case, I would get it looked at ASAP - new car should be 'perfect', or are these running without shims?

Al.

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
That would be very unusual, surely, or is this a sign of the build quality and QC checks performed prior to departing the factory?

I've had a car without shims, and yes, they rattle a lot - over every bump - but I've never had a shimmed car have its shims fall out.

I had replaced the front brakes of my previous 8G diesel with FN2 calipers, but no shims were in the rebuild kit, initially - had to get them separately and retrofit them - totally 'normal' once fitted.

Al.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was told that they don't have shims but when looking at the pads i can see the shim same as these but with the addition of the Anti rattle springs fitted to my callipers to stop them clicking.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts