2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Is there a size difference in front brake rotors for the 1.8L 9G manual and automatics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked because i bought the Hella Pagid Front Brake Rotor 55573PRO on ebay.com.au awhile ago which says it'll fit on the diesel and petrol models. Tried fitting it about a month ago and the new rotors were a little larger in diameter comparing to the stock ones i had. I cant fit my brake mounting brackets because of the new one having a larger diameter.. So i then looked online for other brand front brake rotors and i noticed that some said *for AUTOMATICS only* with the diameter of 293mm while they offer 280mm for the manual models. I wanted to know if this is true or not that both manual and automatic have different size rotors for 9G Civics in Australia

·
Registered
3 Posts
I guess it could be possible to use the caliber mounting brackets from the 293mm model, on your 280mm model? If they are not too expensive.
As I can see the brake calibers on the 293mm and 280mm cars, are the same. So I guess it must be the mounting brackets which are different.
- Maybe some clever Honda expert can confirm this?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Intrestingly, EBC Lists both a 1.4 Sport FK - At 293mm
And a regular 1.4 FK - At 280mm

I'll keep having a look around, But I think I believe you over them!

a SPORT is a 15YM, the information I gave was for the OP 14YM all 1.4 have 280mm

15YM SPORT/ES has 293mm 15YM S/SE has 280mm

·
Registered
871 Posts
I guess it could be possible to use the caliber mounting brackets from the 293mm model, on your 280mm model? If they are not too expensive.
As I can see the brake calibers on the 293mm and 280mm cars, are the same. So I guess it must be the mounting brackets which are different.
- Maybe some clever Honda expert can confirm this?

It is just the caliper carrier that allows for the increase in disc size, the caliper body is the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool I think your on to something might give this a go instead of having to buy new rotors. Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can confirm that the 293mm caliper mounting brackets fits my new rotors without having to change the brake calipers. Got it from a local car wrecker. Cool little upgrade i guess

1 - 13 of 13 Posts