2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving a 1.6 diesel Tourer with 19' wheels and einfach springs.

Iam interested to improve break performance by changing the set up.

I have seen that a lot of people using the EBC brake items.

Anything else which could improve?

Does somebody swapped a type R break in the front?

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Brakes are pretty good on the 9G I would say.. the only reason I would consider EBC green stuff pads is because of the brake dust the OWN pads give off..
I also believe the initial bite is also quite good from past experience on a different car to the civic.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never have driven an 8g.
Don't get me wrong.
Breaks are not bad at all.
But response could work better on the highway driving over 200kmh speed.

Type R break system by Brembo could be a wonderful project.

Any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
I've heard about the brakes on the 8th gen being "chocolate" before.

Having a 1.4 9th Gen, The lightest / most ponderous one of the bunch, my brakes are more than adequate stock :p

Having looked around the forum, and elsewhere, mostly out of interest, I can say that I have seen good recommendations for EBC Yellow Stuff pads, when it comes to raw stopping power.
Further to this, I have seen MTEC Brakes mentioned elsewhere on the forum:- Brake Discs and Pads for Civic 1.6i DTEC 08/12-
I'm sure you could get discs from any manufacturer you like with the sizes given.

They have grooved, drilled etc. discs for the Civic (All sizes), Which could offer a marginal improvement. I'd steer clear of drilled discs myself, as some users have reported cracks in drilled discs.
If you wanted to go to the effort of changing your callipers for Brembo, you could always swap the rear discs to vented as well.

If you have a look in the type R section, there are a few users who have done brake work, even things like switching lines, So I'm sure you could get some insight to some of the "deeper" brake work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts