2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Took the front bumper partially off today as I fitted the sports grill to replace the persplex one.

Put the front bumper back on, and I need to check this in the light in the morning, but looks like that the edges of the bumper that meet with the arches no longer align, and there is a few mm gap. I can push them in and they move in to alignment but do not stay there..

Anyone had anything similar or know what I could do about it?

Cheers,

Phil

·
<3
2,103 Posts
You were brave taking the bumper off, I put my grille on with the bumper in place!

Hmm might you have broken one of the clips? sorry you have probably checked this!

·
ON A STEEL WOK I FRY
2,460 Posts
I would take it off very carefully, check all of the clips running along and the clips at the wings to make sure they are still intact, not broken or cracked. if they are ok, secure the foglight clips in (if you have fogs) and then connect one side of the bumper up and slowly work your way to the other side, slowly but firmly pushing it in to click as you go along. When you get to the other end it should clip in.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
And get a spare pair of hands to help ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for info, will have a look at this tomorrow.

I have no clue how you managed to get it in with the bumper on! I was trying for ages and seemed like there was no way I could get it in. Unclipped bumper and did not take it off completely, just so it would move down enough to slide the grill in easily.

Will see if I can re align it tomorrow and if no luck might just ask local bodyshop how much it would be to re align it. I guess it wouldn't be a lot!

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Cheers for info, will have a look at this tomorrow.

I have no clue how you managed to get it in with the bumper on! I was trying for ages and seemed like there was no way I could get it in. Unclipped bumper and did not take it off completely, just so it would move down enough to slide the grill in easily.

Will see if I can re align it tomorrow and if no luck might just ask local bodyshop how much it would be to re align it. I guess it wouldn't be a lot!
It was rough going but just needed a bit of will, patience and a lot of force and in it popped! :D

I shouldnt think it would cost much to get someone to take a look at it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts