2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick one.

What are the end of the front bumper clipped onto (i.e at the wheel arches)?

When looking at the bumper there is a clip at the top edge of the headlight, is this clip actually on the headlight or is it a seperate piece?

I have had a search on the forum and think I found a picture of a plastic bracket which looks like it has a clip on it but I am unsure.

Only reason I ask is I think the second one in (when coming from the wheel arch edge forward) is broken, the bumper is holding in place ok though but would rather replace if a) cheap enough and b) easy enough.

Thanks All.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If it helps it is the clip that is in the inside the red area (roughly).

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
It's a small plastic bracket. Costs about £8 from dealer. I broke the clip on mine when fitting GP kit.

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...k_01=17SMG601&block_02=B__4600&block_03=16654

parts 15 and 16.

As for replacing it, there is a locating pin on the headlight which sits in it too so it would need to come out. I couldn't get my headlight right out and being too heavy handed broke the locating pin.

All in all after replacing it the bumper didn't sit any different and the headlight wasn't affected.

If it doesn't bother you that much I would probably leave it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a small plastic bracket. Costs about £8 from dealer. I broke the clip on mine when fitting GP kit.

Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

parts 15 and 16.

As for replacing it, there is a locating pin on the headlight which sits in it too so it would need to come out. I couldn't get my headlight right out and being too heavy handed broke the locating pin.

All in all after replacing it the bumper didn't sit any different and the headlight wasn't affected.

If it doesn't bother you that much I would probably leave it.
Thats good to know that it is only £8 for the part. I was just curious thats all.

I think I might just leave it as you can probably see from the photo I posted the bumper still sits flush with the wing. I did bend that area in slightly after I broke the clips and it has done the trick I think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts