2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
just found this on ebay. Take a look:

Probably the first time I see a non oem, non mugen, non universal part for 9gen! :popcorn2: What do you think about this? I dont like it....

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmm dont think that looks as good as the Mugen

Besides the 9g front is low enough in the first place, even without lowering.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ι see that Mugen it's just wider than the oem.Exactly the same shape and only at the edges is different...nothing special(for me)

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
Hmmm

That Mugen one would cover all my stone chip nicks as this is area I'm getting them.

Nothing too serious but would help

·
Registered
98 Posts
I think the OEM aero kit looks quite good actualy, I wonder what the price is ?
And it would look even nicer together with the sports grille and argon wheels :)

·
Administrator
21,156 Posts
Want that first picture lower black bit. That is exactly where my tiny chips are and nowhere else.

Being black a good coat of Hammerite - job done

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I had put this kit in my ebay watch list. They are unpainted right? Anyway I had asked at the ebay dealer how to fix them and this is his answer: "Items should be bonded using same glue as used for car glass.
We reccomend Wurth brand products but you can use other brands also. "

·
Registered
815 Posts
got the same kit here at home, would also like to know if anyone else can shed some light on how to please.

I let them place them a while ago.
As far as I can remember they have to take off a bit of the front bumper and place this kit with 3 or 4 connection clips to the front bumper.

Greetings,
Dark Flemish

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
You could use hot melt glue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
got the same kit here at home, would also like to know if anyone else can shed some light on how to please.

I have the original set - it's 3 screws through the bumper and a special metal bracket with extension (mounted to a screwhole underneath the car). Haven't put them on yet as i'm waiting for the mold and a cf copy of them right now. Would really prefer not to ruin the bumper if needed. This is how the set and brackets look:

Here is the front splitter mounting system from underneath:

The sideskirts have 3 brackets each as well. All the metal elements are branded Honda as well. Both the sideskirts and splitters have rubber seals where they make contact with the bumper and they look completely different then the fake ones from ebay (hence the price).
I could organize some copies from the mold as original ones are nit available anymore.

I also contacted my dealership to get the instructions (which i didn't get btw :( ) - they told me that all elements are meant to be fixed without any adhesive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts