2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys :) ,

Things have been going well for me lately and so I've been giving my car some much needed TLC in the form of upgrades and touch-ups.

One of the things on my to-do list is to get this sorted:

It appears the NS front bumper has popped out slightly, it can be pushed back in but will revert to how it was a day later.

Before either myself or someone takes apart the front end, I wanted to see if anyone here would know what the problem could be?

I had a look on Lings and wondered if it could be part 11/13 on this diagram: Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | BUMPERS | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection

Which also appears on Cox: Genuine Honda Civic Type-R NS Passenger Headlamp Bracket-2007-2011 [71190SMGE00] - £14.90 : Buy Genuine Honda Parts, Honda Car Parts & Honda Spare Parts Online

Any ideas? :confused:

·
Administrator
17,936 Posts
I wouldn't bother buying replacements, all you need to do is tweak the raised edges back up that lock into the bumper. Or you may need to tweak the bar itself.

The same happened on mine (and others around these parts).

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah okay so it is related to that bar, good to know it's not just me but not good that it's a common fault!

I'm having an annual service come Monday, I'll ask to see if anything can be done while it's in (and hopefully not get charged extra).

Thanks for the reply :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has the bumper taken a knock from the sides?

Sometimes, it the sides get pushed in, it causes the middle to 'bow' out.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing I can recall was the splitter on that corner got scuffed (1-2mph) a couple of years ago when navigating a multi-story car park that included tight 90 degree turns with 2 foot high curbs (needless to say I never went back :) ). Other than that there hasn't been any impacts there.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: 8th year service done, gear box oil changed and no issues! :D I mentioned about the bumper and they seemed to have worked their magic and it's now looking 100 times better than before:

I don't think they removed the bumper as they didn't charge me for it

I made sure to check the sides before/after and they look fine:

(please ignore the budget tyre, honda put it on during last year's service and I'm getting my money's worth before replacing :roll: )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts