2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my front cig lighter socket doesn't work so I thought it is fuse problem. I "red the ****ing manual" and found out that fuse number 29 (yellow) should be the one. I took it off...it seems to be okay..I still changed new fuse, but it's not working. Can't get power out from the socket. Any ideas what might be the problem and what should I try next?

Here's the list of the fuses..

Under bonnet fuse box (petrol)

1. Main fuse battery/EPS
2. Headlight Main/Ignition switch main
3. VSA motor/VSA F/S
4. Option main
5. i-Shift
6. Power window main
7. MG clutch
8. Throttle control relay
9. IG power
10. IG coil 1
11. IG coil 2
12. Rear defroster
13. LAF sensor
14. IG coil
15. Sub fan
16. Back up
17. Interior light
18. Main fan
19. Blower
20. Oil level sensor
21. Horn, stop
22. Hazard
23-28. NOT USED

Interior fuse box (petrol)

1. Power window
2. Fuel pump
3. IG1 ACG
4. ABS unit
5. Heated seats
6. Front fog lights
7. Daytime running lights
8. IG1 start
9. ODS
10. Meter
11. SRS
12. Right headlight high beam
13. Left headlight high beam
14. Small lights (Interior)
15. Small lights (Exterior)
16. Right headlight low beam
17. Left headlight low beam
18. Headlight high beam main
19. Small lights main
20. Rear fog light
21. Headlight low beam main
22. Shifter
23. Start signal
24. Sunshades
25. Door lock
26. Driver's power window
27. NOT USED
28. Rear accessory socket
29. Accessory
30. Front passenger's power window
31. Headlight washer
32. Rear right power window
33. Rear left power window
34. NOT USED
35. Accessory/radio
36. IG2 HAC
37. Daytime light
38. Front wiper

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
If you have checked the fuses, assuming they are ok, I'd check to see if one of the spade connectors underneath the lighter socket has come off.

Remove the centre console from around the handbrake, it's only held in with four screws, and you'll be able to see the connections on the socket.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...
Well something blew up somewhere..because I was attaching mobile phone battery charger to socket, and in that moment I heard "snap" :( or klick..or whatever.
It sound like something blew up, maybe fuse or something.

Removing centre console doesn't sound good..althought I have removed it several times, but not again :mad:

Is there fuse (accessory fuse I quess) under the bonnet which might be causing this? I tried to read the manual but map of the fusebox in manual is...really weird. I couldn't understand where is the acoocessory fuse in there..number 4 if I remember right.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
In the wiring to the socket, after the fuse, there will also be a relay that energises once the ignition is on. It could be the relay that is faulty. :(

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Hmm...
Well something blew up somewhere..because I was attaching mobile phone battery charger to socket, and in that moment I heard "snap" :( or klick..or whatever.
It sound like something blew up, maybe fuse or something.

Removing centre console doesn't sound good..althought I have removed it several times, but not again :mad:

Is there fuse (accessory fuse I quess) under the bonnet which might be causing this? I tried to read the manual but map of the fusebox in manual is...really weird. I couldn't understand where is the acoocessory fuse in there..number 4 if I remember right.
In theory, the fuse ought to blow before the relay does - but... :(

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For some reason, problem was fuse..
I checked fuse earlier, it was alright. I changed it although it seemed to be okay. It didn't work then. Today I rechecked it, and it was burned. Changed it to new, and cigarette lighter socket started to work again. I had centre console already off before I decided to check fuse one more time... :mad:....
well everything is good now! ;)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
wahey! :D

well, mainly - at least you got it sorted, just a pain it was after removing the console!
Unless, perhaps, one of the wires was trapped last time you put it together, or something like that.

anyway, glad it's working :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wahey! :D

well, mainly - at least you got it sorted, just a pain it was after removing the console!
Unless, perhaps, one of the wires was trapped last time you put it together, or something like that.

anyway, glad it's working :)
Actually removing the console is quite easy process and I have done it..well too many times.. It just always sucks to remove it because there's always possibility to break or scratch something :)

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
I don't like removing the centre console. I did it once to attached an additional 12v socket flying lead but I broke a small plastic tab on the console when lifting. Doesn't seem to affect anything though.
The second time I needed access to the socket I gently prised the socket out - I much prefer this method!

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey guys can you please tell me where to find the fuse for the cig lighter as iam going on a long trip tomorrow and really need to get it working

many thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
thanks, I found it in the end and changed it but the fuse blew again :(

any ideas?

·
Registered
162 Posts
What are you plugging in when the fuse blows?

it blew first with sat nav then blew with the cig lighter :worms:

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
it blew first with sat nav then blew with the cig lighter :worms:
Do you have a third thing to test with?

Sounds like an electrical fault in the car to me if it is failing with two separate devices.

·
Registered
162 Posts
well i have already blown to fuses ( going to the dealers in the morning to get spares) or are there any in the car . could it possibly be the lighter housing its self ?

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
The only item fed by Fuse 29 is the cigarette lighter through the cigarette lighter relay so as FWH says it must be a fault with the wiring or the relay.

Have you replaced the fuse with a 20A one?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts