2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help out here?? I took my car in to the dealers last week after they agreed to change my front passenger side damper assembly ( shock, spring, bumpstop) the unit came pre build from the factory, after I got the car home I noticed the new side has a gap between the top of tyre to bottom of the wheel arch of 100mm the other side is 40mm which it should be, the car went in to Honda last night, they say that all parts are changed due to chassis number so the right part has been fitted, does anyone know what the problem may be, thanks james

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was done last Friday,I noticed the gap when I picked it up and thought the same thing as to settling in, I drove it over quite a few speed humps to get the shock working but yesterday it was exactly the same, changing a whole unit you would of thought they would renew both sides?? Honda told me to take the car in yesterday due to a big concern of me not driving it as themselves thought the gap was huge.

·
Premium Member
20,382 Posts
get them to compare it to any other car on their lot for height, its all very well them saying its right but if its not its not. i hate that attitude "its right sir because it must be right" even when it clearly bloody isnt. if the unit came pre assembled then whoever assembled it didnt do it right

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly my point to them yesterday, they did compare it to another type s as I purposely parked next to another one in the car park, they then told me not to take car back home and "sorry sir we don't have a car for you,so you will have to get some one to collect you" I was furious due to no fault of my own they didn't sort me a car out, went home and rang customer relations now there on the case, hopefully today I will hear more, just hope I get car back for Saturday (Goodwood festival of speed ) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts