2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone successfully modified the Mk9 Civic so that the rear lights come on with the front daylight driving lights?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I'd be intrested in that. Making DRLs run with headlights on the PFL was as easy as adding a resistor, I wonder if this would prove similar?

Now that I'm running HIDs with a longer lifespan and nicer look (And we're in winter) I tend to just leave the headlights on 24/7 - It's as visible as it gets, and I'd rather be seen than have an extra 0.2mpg.

·
Super Moderator
2,212 Posts
I must say that has always puzzled me why they are not on as standard
how often do you see a car driving on the drl's and must admit the first day I got my 9g I was driving a while without lights on as I could see the light at the front from the drl's it was only when I turned onto a minor road and thought god thease lights are poor that I realised

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not on mine which is a 2012 model. Side lights are side lights. The front LEDs quite separate.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
Not on mine which is a 2012 model. Side lights are side lights. The front LEDs quite separate.

Now I understand. Yours with straight DRL's under main front lights as originally fitted to early Mk9's. And they go off when you turn side or main lights on whereas my DRL's become my side lights but dim slightly. Would look good as many other car manufacturers have this set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts