2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had an issue with the front door handle section coming away from the actual door? My front passenger handle is coming away when you open the door, Honda are being funny about fixing this under warranty. Anyone had this issue and fixed it themselves? If so what do I do?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had a similar problem, with the surrounding panel of the handle coming away. Again, the dealer laughed and said it was normal..!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer implied is was damage caused by me, that will teach me to use my passenger door then! :rolleyes: Very annoying. I'm just interested if it can be fixed via tightening a screw behind the doors interior, or if it needs a new handle surround. I dont want to take the interior off only to discover I need a new hangle surround.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Mine did the same thing.

Gordons Honda Wigan took some photos and sent to Honda (it was obvious there was no attempted break in or anything) and they replaced it under warranty for me.

Reactions: ash_rage

·
Registered
77 Posts
there were a few like this when we were looking at cars last week... shoddy build standards if you ask me. maybe they got their apprentice to fit some of them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hmm, i've noticed when outside the car that music is more noticeable outside the drivers door. Will have to have a look at this, thought it was just me

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
I had the same problem with my passenger door handle, it was replaced under warranty without any question.

I think from memory something had sheared off, so a new part was needed, not sure it could have been repaired. I would just take it back and insist on it being fixed, as a few members have had the same problem.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gers and uncle_rob. I'll go back to them asking why they wont fix it under warranty when they have fixed it for other Civic owners under warranty.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
so glad its not just me

wish i'd seen this before i put my own thread, but yes i have same problem happened today and now i cant open the door from outside and inside :(,really annoying as ive only had the car since thursday i asked honda if they were aware of this and the lady was unsure honda said they will take a look wednesday when they fix my fuel cap.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honda Fixed this for me today under warranty. They claim the inside of the handle was missing a bracket.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,758 Posts
yipee

honda in wolverhampton confirmed to me today that its a recall along with one more i didn't know about power steering module and they have to order the parts from belgium :)so tell them they have to fix the passenger door handle if they are fobbing you off or you can do what i did and print these pages and show them.

thought it wa to good to be true hondas now saying its not covered as the warrenty as expired i asked about the recall he says it something to with the mechanism not the insert coming away ,o well looks like taking it back to the motorhouse let them sort it.

·
Mode Photography
72 Posts
Crap Handles

Ive had same problem 3 times......
Passenger side came away from door and got complete handle replaced under warranty a year ago.
Drivers side became loose and dealer took door panel off and tightened from inside 6 months ago.
Noticed today that passenger side is starting to come away Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I love my Civic but these handles are a joke and sound like a bag of old springs when used, surely Honda can do better?

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
i dont rate the handles on my 2.2 ex. seems like plastic in the inside of the handle and im sure its caught the skin on my hand a few times

1 - 13 of 13 Posts