2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The glass is smashed in the n/s light. Tried to take the light unit out from underneath the car and although I could remove the unit from the plastic surrounding there is not enough room to get the unit out from where you put your hand through the hole to change the bulb. Is it possible to partly remove the bumper so it flexes to get the unit out or has anyone took out the fog light surrounding possibly breaking the fixing tabs and then glued it back in I know this is not ideal but would save a lot of time. Will have to get some fog light protectors as well

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Unfortunately, the whole bumper has to come off as the screw fittings are at the back.

I've heard the honda foglight prices are "premium", so you may want to consider some osram led foglights as a replacement - I've got some to fit for aesthetic reasons soon, so I'd be happy to let you know how it goes.

As for accessing and changing the foglights, I'll be back along in a moment with the relevant documents...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi Haltamer
Thanks for the quick reply
I did manage to remove the 3 screws which hold the fog light in position but was unable to get the unit out through any of the holes.
Is removing/ replacing the bumper as easy as it looks and how long would it take. Always takes me twice as long to do anything ?
Made a mistake in the original post it is n/s not o/a

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Haven't done it myself yet, I'll report back - that being said, it's hopefully not too difficult - an important note would be to lay some towels down to put it on to so you don't scratch it up.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
4,218 Posts
The vid I found for the 10G was a US one, but mine was pretty much the same.
I had my air horn fail. Bumper off, change the horn, bumper back on in less than an hour.
It helps if you jack up the front then axle stand it of course.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
there's a how to in the 9th gen section, shouldn't be that different.
personally i would go in via the wheel lining or page 35, might get lucky.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went in underneath after jacking and supporting the car, and took out 6 of the clips holding the undertray and then bent it enough to get a short stubby screwdriver in. I was then able to remove the foglight.
Haltimer is correct Honda charge a fortune. £237 not fitted i found one on ebay for £23 brand new and a perfect fit.
I would do the LED idea if it were mine rather than a company car.

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
As an update to this, take a look at my "Haltamer's Civic" Thread - OSRAM LED foglights are in, and working well! There's another set on amazon at the moment in the used section for £27, which is an absolute bargain for a slightly dinged box.

I'll be posting a 9G Facelift bumper removal how to imminently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi cparnell

I managed to do the same but was unable to get the light unit out. How did you manage to get the unit out .

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
I managed to do the same but was unable to get the light unit out. How did you manage to get the unit out .
Are you 100% Sure you've got all three screws? There's those, and the bulb connector, then it will just pull out (Slightly backwards, then out)

Haltimer is correct Honda charge a fortune. £237 not fitted i found one on ebay for £23 brand new and a perfect fit.
I would do the LED idea if it were mine rather than a company car.
For anyone looking for an OEM Replacement, they are Valeo parts, this one in fact: https://www.amazon.co.uk/VALEO-SERVICE-088358-Fog-Lamp/dp/B0068M2D68/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords=valeo+90mm+fog&qid=1562277758&s=automotive&sr=1-1-fkmr1

Any round 90mm foglight with a 100mm x 50mm screw-format and a H11 connector is plug and play.

Only problem with having cool LED Foglights is that I now want to drive around with them on.... (I'm just testing, honest) >:)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally Posted by*Kev3368*View Post

Are you 100% Sure you've got all three screws? There's those, and the bulb connector, then it will just pull out (Slightly backwards, then out)
Yes took the 3 screws out pulled the light unit off its fixing peg but was unable to retrieve it through the hole where my hand went through ��

1 - 16 of 16 Posts