2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After unsuccesfull searching high and low on this great forum, I now turn to the experts.

Can the front lower part of the bumper(mesh thing) definately be removed without taking off the entire bumper?:confused:

I'm not in your league when it comes to disconnecting washer jets, fog lights, etc, but would be brave enough to attempt taking off the lower front bumper grill if possible.

Cheers

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
It depends. I have heard you can do this with the 'Type S' grill, but when I fitted my Type R grill it would've been physically impossible.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Hey guys,

After unsuccesfull searching high and low on this great forum, I now turn to the experts.

Can the front lower part of the bumper(mesh thing) definately be removed without taking off the entire bumper?:confused:

I'm not in your league when it comes to disconnecting washer jets, fog lights, etc, but would be brave enough to attempt taking off the lower front bumper grill if possible.

Cheers
No it can't is the simple answer, and I wouldn't recommend trying it either.

The way it clips on on the back requires the entire bumper to come off (and to prevent damaging it).

Its easy to take the whole lot off, including washer jets if you have a spare couple hours (first time) and a friend at hand as the washer jets need to be manually pulled out while the other unscrews the plates, when then two screwdrivers are needed to pry the clips top and bottom of the front of the jet to ping it off before it can be slipped back through the bumper.

Jack the car up first as getting the clips off from underneath can be fiddly.

And take your time to put the whole lot back together, I didnt, and now its not fitting properly, so I have to do this all again when weather suits.

If you have any specific questions or trouble, post back here and i'll be glad to help.

Cheers

Reactions: Frank Dux

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks, that was what I feared.

All I need is to access the back of the front, left hand side, as the nut for the screw holding together mudguard and sidetrim underneath, is missing. So, I will try accessing from inside wheel arch or maybe even through foglight hole!:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts