2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or does the fact that the Type-R has a black grill instead of the reflectors make it look just a little bit flat, I would say on looks alone that my Milano Red looks more aggresive at the front with the reflectors and the fogs than the Type-R that Pottsy photographed and Jenson drove. I know it makes it distinctive, but it looks boring.

Or is it just me?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I totally agree, i thought it was dumb choise to remove the "glass" grille from the type-r... IMHO it would have have been much nicer if it had the glass front with a red Honda logo.

Especially in the black color it would look wicked if it had smoked glass grille

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
I agree as well.
I'm not sure how it would look really; but the meshed grill BEHIND the glass front might have been nice!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm...

I can't remember, but I'm sure that I read/saw somewhere that the R would have a darker finished (smoked?) front and rear end treatment?

Perhaps they decided that it would need a grille to let more air through for cooling, given that these things can be caned a bit?!! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

I'll stick with my 1.8 ta. I've got lots of mods I want to do, but if only time/money permits!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I too agree that a large 'part' of the look of the front end is that the lights wrap right round.

by putting the mesh in, it's much more 'normal' - not a good thing :(

And yes, early photos, even official ones, did have darkened lenses front and back - I was getting very excited about them in here! :D:D

I'm in two minds about whether to go for the black section between the rear indicators... But then my Civ is NHB - not sure it would work at all on any other colour.

Mesh behind a clear cover on the front might have looked good - but I certainly won't be rushing out for the mesh grill.

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
the front end looks, was one of the main reasons i bought one, most new cars look the same as another make on the road, and the dashes of other cars are so boring, civic ticked all the boxes for me:D

if you look at the concept of this the only thing they changed was the indicators in the mirrors, most other makes do a concept, keep the concepts name but it looks nothing like the concept.; honda took the gamble amd it paid off big time.

i know we all moan about the little faults but thats the price we pay for have the newest and best looking car on the road.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I might be in the minority - but I prefer the mesh to the "Cylon" look...

I'm taking one out for a spin tomorrow - I might just compare them side to side whilst I'm there !

·
Registered
86 Posts
Having seen quite a lot of the R, I have to say that it looks more like a "normal-mobile" with the grille.....

They could really do with the smoked front lenses (unless they're saving them for something else?!) to make it still look a little different to run of the mill motors.

I'm eventually going for a Type-S, I think that's enough for me as its' 99% of what I need! [smilie=tongue.gif]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts