2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I managed to damage my front end of the car and need to replace the drivers side headlight, does anyone know if the headlights on the type R and are the same size and fitment as whats on the 5 door model?

I've found one in a breaker yard for 20quid which is better that the 90quid from honda for a new one,

Any help would be much appreciated

James

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Hi all,

I managed to damage my front end of the car and need to replace the drivers side headlight, does anyone know if the headlights on the type R and are the same size and fitment as whats on the 5 door model?

I've found one in a breaker yard for 20quid which is better that the 90quid from honda for a new one,

Any help would be much appreciated

James
I do a replacement pair for £20 delivered ;)

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...y-k-rating-new-low-price-only-20-inc-p-p.html

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
99% sure they're the same. The pumper is the same, it's the addition of a splitter and lower grille that makes a Type R front end.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just the info I was after. thanks.

I thought the type r (GT)'s had auto level headlights though???? Can this be taken off old headlights and refitted to a new. Or am I just completely wrong?

TIA.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Type R's with HIDs will have auto-leveling headlights yes. If your car has OEM HIDs then you need to buy the HID headlight unit. If it's got regular halogen headlights then you'll need the regular headlight unit.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.