2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have a now recurring issue, under the car, between the front wheels is a metal cover, i assume inspection cover/protection for the bottom of the sump.

A few weeks, driving at *motorway speed*, I hear a noise that sounds like a blow out, pull over, wheels are fine. The inspection cover has dropped ripping out the plastic fixing points on the driver's side of it.

The car has been to John Bank's Honda in Bury St Edmunds for a fix. I was advised that only the metal plate required replacement. Que 10pm last night, same thing happens again.

Does anyone know the cost of replacing the entire plastic under-tray that covers the front of the car? And has anyone had/come accross this issue before?

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
38 Posts
try holdcroft honda-01782 261593-ask for mark.i use john banks honda.to fit parts that i buy from holdcroft.ring banks for a price to supply item (service dept,not spares,and then ask how much to fit.holdcroft prices inc.delivery in their quote.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
38 Posts
not too sure about that,i tend to find that ringing around honda dealers that have been recommended on this site the best way too find that out.plus,you can haggle a price for the part you want,as i found out with holdcroft.john banks prices are fixed and dearer than honda uk website.other dealers worth giving a call is cox honda,gordons honda.its better to call and speak to people,emails are impersonal and if busy,dealers can be slow to respond-good luck and i hope you dont have to break the bank to repair your type r.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts