2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
What's different about the us model and uk model with fitting?
Usually the headlights with projector beam have a metal switch which flips the angle of the headlight beam if that's the only reason they don't work in the UK I bought some for my car before my civic if I had the money to try it I would but I don't :(

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I've tried getting some of these from the states. The don't make them for our civic. Such a shame as they look bloody awesome.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I guess they haven't really made them because while these cars are popular in the UK, and somewhat popular some other countries, the US who has the largest amount of buyers and they do not have the FN2. They have a coupe version (SI). Then you'll have the issue of LHD and RHD...

I faced the same issues with my Del Sol CRX. The market just wasn't big enough and no one really made projector head lamps for them (there was only a few small examples but at approx. $1000 AUD a set).

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I've tried getting some of these from the states. The don't make them for our civic. Such a shame as they look bloody awesome.
They'd be no good even if they did fit.

UK lights have to project to the left of the road and spill a lot of light upwards to illuminate signs etc.

US lights I believe project down the centre and have a strict cut off.

Either way, to put it simply being designed for cars that drive on different sides of the roads, they put the light in the wrong place.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I wish you could get them.

I would have expected japan to make some since they get the civic type R hatch.

But nope.
I wouldn't have thought they'd have many euro Civics over there would they? Not enough at least to produce these and make a profit from them?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

2,111 Posts
Yeah, it would look great (cosmetically).. But most of those projectors do have a really sh*** light output...

If you're really interested in projectors, I'd suggest retrofitting projectors... More info in my thread here

Eventually you could use Atomic's or Bog's DRL's inside the headlights to create your own Audi style DRL's. These way you could have a decent projector (good light output) AND really nice DRL's (even Dectane (very good aftermarket German headlight company) headlights drl's look crap irl...)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.