2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I call the garage I bought the car from (again) to kick off about yet another "fault" I've found with the car...

The front passenger elec window won't work at all, not from the passenger door control or the drivers "master" window control. Anyone have any ideas what might be the problem or experienced a similar thing and got it sorted fairly easily/quickly.

I've only had the car for about 2 weeks and have never needed to use the passenger window until tonight.

Thanks in advance.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
don't take this the wrong way but you've def not accidentally pressed the window lock button have you?

if not, follow the numerous window reset threads or the info in the Wiki about how to....

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Hi chris Pg 168 in my manual- electric window reset procedure. This happened to me only last week with the same window and it worked straight away after doing it. Under power windows section of my manual

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi chris Pg 168 in my manual- electric window reset procedure. This happened to me only last week with the same window and it worked straight away after doing it. Under power windows section of my manual
Just tried this, no joy. The drivers side is working fine, so are all the other windows.

don't take this the wrong way but you've def not accidentally pressed the window lock button have you?

if not, follow the numerous window reset threads or the info in the Wiki about how to....
I've tried it with the window lock on and off... still no joy.

Had no idea there was a "reset" procedure, hence why I didn't search for one. Now I know, I can do a good search of the forums now.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Just tried this, no joy. The drivers side is working fine, so are all the other windows.

I've tried it with the window lock on and off... still no joy.

Had no idea there was a "reset" procedure, hence why I didn't search for one. Now I know, I can do a good search of the forums now.
Dam. I thought that would have worked. You followed the procedure in the manual?

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I followed the manual procedure to the letter, although it's nowhere near as complicated as the one on the civinfo wiki. I gave that one a shot too though, and I think I messed up a few times. so I've given up for today. I'll try again fresh tomorrow with the wiki one, but my car's still in warranty from the dealer so I'll just get them to fix it if I get no luck.

Cheers people.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Dear ChrisBrit81, I had the same issue, passenger window intermittantly would not operate. Sometimes it would go half way down and then not go any further down. Sometimes it simply would not go down at all.

I checked the usual operator errors and buttons - fail.

I tried the window reset procedure - fail.

Took car to Brayley dealers in St.Albans, after several visits back and forth they told me that the sliding frame for the window was out of alignment (i.e. Bent). He explained it as a sissor type action in the frame and with a bent arm it would not do the sissor action thus no window movement.
He seemed to think it was a common problem and they replaced the metal frame under warranty.

It resolved the issue, hurrah. Following summer (when you want to use the windows) the fault re-occurred, yah boo!

Back to the dealers.......... AGAIN!

Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
blown fuse? Each window has a seperate fuse i'm sure...

also, when my front windows started working intermittently a few months ago and then stopped working completely, I took it in to the dealers and they told me that when the MICU fix had been carried out, a few connections weren't tightened up correctly... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK people, I'm just home from work and I'm gonna try the long winded civinfo wiki windows reset... last ditch effort before I call my local honda dealer (my warranty paperwork came through today meaning I don't have to travel all the way to bristol anymore to get the niggles fixed)

I'll report back with success/failure

wish me luck [smilie=shock.gif]

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
was a damned loose fuse!!! I'm so angry with myself!!!

To be fair though, it's not the same as the other fuses, it's larger in size and protrudes out from the fuse box by about 7-8 mm whereas the other 20A fuses are tiny and sit just below flush.

·
Mugenised CR-Z GT
502 Posts
i thought all the civic fuses were the micro fuses without the legs, but tbh its a long time since i have been under the dash of a civic

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exactly, it's quite obvious that it's not the original fuse, it's nothing like the others in the box.

Also, EVERY SINGLE FUSE under the dash is slightly damaged in exactly the same pattern, as though something has "smashed" into the fuse box in a uniform manner. I shall have to run a check on the car, to see if it's been recorded in an accident or something.

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
This has just happened to me....

I took the drivers door card off to sort out an intermittent tweeter issue (bloody loose connection) and when I put it all back together the front passenger window doesn't work at all ?

All other windows work correctly.
Did "Reset Auto function"

No Joy.

I also noticed that the "all door lock" function only unlocked off the button - Lock on lever unlock on button. I was sure it both locked and unlocked on the button. Anyway.. Took kids to town and tested it on the way home and that has sorted itself out but still no luck on the passenger window.

I read the manual and it appears there's only ONE fuse for all the windows. Is this the case ?

·
Dervinator
1,349 Posts
Read the manual correctly dear paul.

There are fuses for ALL the windows but here's the weird thing.

Mine never had the front fuses in them AT ALL and they all worked until today !!

Just stuck a fuse in the empty space and Bobs your mothers brother

This is the image BEFORE I stuck a fuse in. The top Gold fuses are Cig & boot Aux.. According to manual the next fuse to the right should be passenger window but it wasn't. The one AFTER (two over) is the passenger window and it now works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts