2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice one! I've gone for the Maxton design kit myself, but have been very tempted to swap the front spoiler for the Type R one. The only thing that puts me off slightly is the bit that comes around the side by the front wheel arches - can't make my mind up if that looks right on the standard 9G or not...

All the same, it's looking good on your car - keep modding!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone confirm the compatability between the pre facelift and the facelift versions...

My 2013 pre facelift arrives friday and i need a ""type r"" spoiler cant seem to find one that works or exists.

Any links would be awesome.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The pre-facelift is more difficult due to the rear lighting postion. If you look at the Facelift models, the whole rear lip is re-designed and that's what the Type R and its wing were based upon. I think to do it (if even possible), you would need to look at whether you could add the Facelift boot lip onto your model before you can then work out if the wing can be attatched. I'm not saying to go and actually buy a Facelift bootlip or anything - you would only end up scrapping it if you went for the wing in most cases - the wing 'can' come as one solid block with the boot-lip already on it - but maybe see if you can find information about whether it's possible to do the swap without a wing first (bootlip only). If you can achieve that - then you should be able to do the wing upgrade if you see what I'm saying? Sorry I can't offer any more help! One thing I will say, is I previously owned a 2013 pre-facelift model before my current car - I ended up ruling out the Type R wing based on what research I did at the time...

·
more torque than the mrs
6,699 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts