2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, was wandering if anyone has had problems with the front suspension as opposed to the rear?

My car (I picked it up in April) has developed a problem (noise) with the front suspension. I know about the rear problem so I have puposely found some road humps to try the car. I'm convinced it's the front nearside the noise is coming from. My car is booked in at the dealer for a couple of jobs anyway so I rang them and they said they'd check the dampers when it's in. I think I'll get them to check the rears while they're at it.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
I know what you mean, but I just can't make my mind up. I get the odd knock, which I'm never sure is form the suspension or not :?

·
Registered
214 Posts
those knock sounds coming from wherever, often tricky to sport, are usuallu a pain in the a** trying to get the dealer service to understand where they come from, best is to take the service guy for a test ride so they can listen while you explain

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmm, irritating.. i get a knuckle from the front suspension when driving from speed bumps. No sounds from the rear but the front keeps noise. Dont know if it's normal or not :oops:

·
Registered
71 Posts
pikkumies said:
Hmm, irritating.. i get a knuckle from the front suspension when driving from speed bumps. No sounds from the rear but the front keeps noise. Dont know if it's normal or not :oops:
My mud flaps catch on a speed bump at work. One broken wheel arch trim and side skirt trim. Approx £200. Going in next week.

·
Train Driver Stu
323 Posts
There is another post about this. Mine was clunking at the NSF and its the bump stops come loose. You can easily push them back in (orange thing at the top of the shock, it will move up and down if its adrift) but there is a modified part available. (under warranty) See "suspension, wheels and tyres" for the article.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
There is another post about this. Mine was clunking at the NSF and its the bump stops come loose. You can easily push them back in (orange thing at the top of the shock, it will move up and down if its adrift) but there is a modified part available. (under warranty) See "suspension, wheels and tyres" for the article.
Not being funny fella - but don't see the point in this post being brought back to life :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts