2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have today replaced my front near side lower suspension arm (I bought a complete new unit from GSF) and whilst I struggled to fit it (rear rubber mount bolt holes were a pain to align to body) it's on and the car is lowered back down to ground.

Here's the issue, there's now a creaking noise! It wasn't doing this before replacement, the creaking noise can happen when turning the wheel whilst the car is not moving but also during driving, I can hear it creaking.

Any ideas? Have I tighten something up to tight? Any idea what torques all those fixings should be?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Hi All,

I have today replaced my front near side lower suspension arm (I bought a complete new unit from GSF) and whilst I struggled to fit it (rear rubber mount bolt holes were a pain to align to body) it's on and the car is lowered back down to ground.

Here's the issue, there's now a creaking noise! It wasn't doing this before replacement, the creaking noise can happen when turning the wheel whilst the car is not moving but also during driving, I can hear it creaking.

Any ideas? Have I tighten something up to tight? Any idea what torques all those fixings should be?

Thanks in advance
putting some grease on bolts will prevent the bolt and chassis flexing and making creaking noises. maybe check all bolts to subframe and chassis ie remove and grease them

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry all for the very late response. I ended up asksing the Honda garage (seeing as it was in for its MOT anyway) to torque correctly and all is fine. I think the rubber just needed a few suspension travels and all is good now.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts