2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had sounds coming from the front suspension? My rear as quiet as a whisper (the suspension i mean :D) but i get the most sounds from the front when going over speed bumps for example.

Seems like the squeak sound from my wipers has moved to the suspension, sounds eery :/

·
Registered
100 Posts
ours in in for a service 2moz
having the eps and rear dampers checked and final fix on the fuel cap
will be telling them about the squeaking noise from the dashboard.

and we been getting a clonking noise from the front of the car possibly the suspension

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I also had clonking noise which turned out to be the front ns shock {they changed the rears 1st but made no diff). Was able to reproduce noise with mechanic in car by driving over speed humps/pot holes. It would make the noise as the wheel dropped down coming off the hump but never as it bumped up. This is why it was thought to be the rears as often as the rears hit the ramp the fronts are dropping down to come off the ramp.

Hope that makes sense . If it s the same for you Im afraid its another trip to the dealer ( when 1st reported to my dealer I was told they had adjusted the tyre pressures and to "see how it goes now" --I despair sometimes.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I've noticed this as well, but it only started happening after I had my rear dampers changed under warrenty. Really bumpy ride as well.

I have to go back to get the fuel cap sorted so I shall mention this then.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Once I had new dampers it really made a difference to the ride, the front nearside one used to "thump" all the time and I did not realise how much the ride had deteriorated until it was replaced.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well as I too have the same front squeak from the front passenger side and creak from the rear. I put the car in for a service and they took a look at these items (the car was already booked in for next week for some warranty work, the squeaks plus replacing the front passenger door speaker due to rattle) and lubed them up to see if that would cure it.

Well the front shock squeak is still there, I will take the mechanic out for a speed bump or too to prove that. My dealer is good and they will replace them if I ask, so I will keep you posted on how it goes. Quite a few problems I have had now but the service is still A1 so it does not bother me. These things happen on early build cars.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
Over the last few days I've noticed sounds both both front and rear, squeeks, knocks, the works. I'll have to get it looked at.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Over the last few days I've noticed sounds both both front and rear, squeeks, knocks, the works. I'll have to get it looked at.
I too am having squeaks bumps and knocks from both the rear and front. The rear shockers ahve already been replaced once, but its a problem and its peeing me off as mine is an 07 model.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechplastik

I too am having squeaks bumps and knocks from both the rear and front. The rear shockers ahve already been replaced once, but its a problem and its peeing me off as mine is an 07 mode
yea i have the same problem.mine is also 07 model.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder if it's the cold? Mine too have started to groan from the front left when doing speed bumps.
Yep, mine too! Rears have started knocking first thing in a morning, and I'm getting noises from the front also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well my car went into the dealers to check on the squeak. The lube job they gave the suspension at the service last week made no difference. Today they found the bump stop was loose and fixed it. It made no difference as it squeaked over bumps in the road never mind speed bumps. I told them this and when it goes in again soon (to have the seatbelt mount replaced as it rattles like a piggy bank full of money) they will replace the front shocks. As I am local to factory they are taking a keen interest in my problems (how kind....) and the mechanics read this forum too. So the saga of my great car with really crap trim quality continues. Lucky the dealer is still being great!

With the amount of problems this car is developing it is rapidly turning into a lemon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 1.8 EX has (a twanging & thump) from front nearside .Dealer called this morning to say it needs new shocks,not too bad they have done 2.400 mls:( I still love my civ with all its niggles which are getting sorted [smilie=cheeky-grin: . My wife likes the dealers hot chocolate:eek:

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
My first Civic had the shocks replaced straight away the noise started within first 30 miles of driving.

I am very suprised that I have a similar noise starting on my new Civic as the shocks had been fine until recently (almost 6000 miles) and the ride is getting very hard and bumpy.

I am starting to dislike the car again now - too many problems, the whole car ride feels like it needs a good service.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since the snow has arrived, all the "sharp" changes in the road have pretty much vanished and so have the noises.. im sure the noise is still there when the speed bumps get their shape back after the winter..

·
Registered
115 Posts
My car is in again. This time I have told them, just replace the front shocks. The big squeak is there in the cold, in the wet, in the damp. Goes in the dry though.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine has done about 7000 miles and has recently started clonking from N/S front whaen wheel drops into hole , ok going up speed bumps but clonks on the other side going down , the ride is appaling, seriously thinking of trading, and having an Accord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ride Quality

Mine has done about 7000 miles and has recently started clonking from N/S front whaen wheel drops into hole , ok going up speed bumps but clonks on the other side going down , the ride is appaling, seriously thinking of trading, and having an Accord
I too is seriuosly thinking of trading in the car. The ride quality is appalling.thuds.....over bad roads. My son now refuses to sit at the back saying that he feels unwell due to the ride quality of the car.

Is this a problem with the design of the car or should I get the dealer to have a look at the suspension?

1 - 20 of 165 Posts