2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just wondering if you have any ideas on this one.

I just replaced them today with Halfords mobile service, I chose the recommended as it was the same as my existing ones, but now the front ones are slightly smaller than before.. any ideas? o_O

New front tyres are:

225/45 R17 94Y Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 XL

Old tyres:

225/45 ZR17 94Y

Concerned it may be dangerous when go high speed?

Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
288 Posts
Hey all, just wondering if you have any ideas on this one.

I just replaced them today with Halfords mobile service, I chose the recommended as it was the same as my existing ones, but now the front ones are slightly smaller than before.. any ideas? o_O

New front tyres are:

225/45 R17 94Y Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 XL

Old tyres:

225/45 ZR17 94Y

Concerned it may be dangerous when go high speed?

Thanks guys!
Just asking why you would go to Halfrauds in the first place. Best go to another fitter and get them checked. But some tyres do look different if the have the protective ridge. But the rolling radius should still be the same .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, for a tyre change it can't be that bad??!!

I got two Goodyear tyres plus mobile fitting for £138, (more for the convenience), which I thought was a good deal!

Test drive it earlier and it's fine 🤠

·
Premium Member
2008 Civic Type R
891 Posts
Have you checked the sizing on the actual tyre? They do look a little smaller, though they shouldn't be if they are as you say.

Reactions: Das

·
Registered
2013 MK9 pre facelift 1.8 TI. Eibach springs and spacers. Michelin PS4’s. Always run on VPower fuel
288 Posts
Haha, for a tyre change it can't be that bad??!!

I got two Goodyear tyres plus mobile fitting for £138, (more for the convenience), which I thought was a good deal!

Test drive it earlier and it's fine 🤠
Depends which Goodyear tyres they were. We’re they premium ones or from their budget range?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts