2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the wife had a disagreement with the garage door and my type r (garage door won). Does anyone know if the wheel arch trim comes pre-painted and how easy it is to replace?

Bumper needs a fair amount of work as well but want to be sure what the dealer will tell me when its taken in

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I believe it is pre painted, and it's pretty easy (though it feels a bit brutal with the clips...)

might be a good time to upgrade to the splitter :D :wink:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure she would appreciate that option! Does anyone have an idea of part number or cost? If I can replace it myself should reduce the bodyshop costs.

Not had much luck with this car someone drove into the back of it when it was two weeks old (no damage though) needed to have the passenger side interior trim replaced as it fell off and now the garage door incident!

thanks

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Not sure she would appreciate that option! Does anyone have an idea of part
part number is 345-newwife-4545A

cost depends on if you can part exchange your current one.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Count yourself lucky TT.
I have a bricklayer on the books at the moment, who is on his 5th wife and he is only 47.
What really gets me, with all his financial comittments, he is the best at his job I have ever used and the b-gger is always singing .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been given a couple of options:-

Smart repair for £100 - no guarantee this will look ok as the flat edge of the bumper has been removed.

Complete new bumper £150 and wheel arch trim £108 both fitted as pre painted no other costs.

They also suggested a bodyshop repair at £325 which does not make much sense.

Was quite surprised how cheap the bumper is though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had my whole rear bumper and right hand side weel arch trim replaced at the cost of approximately 380 £ (in Denmark). Btw they say the bumper is painted with original colour and you can't see the difference. That is not all true.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked the name when i nearly got a ex demo previous version type r which was NHB but the dealer offered a really crap trade in price so i decided to wait for the fn2. Just thought it looked the best in red!

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I got nothing for my 2 x wifes , they got plenty from me

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I have been given a couple of options:-

Smart repair for £100 - no guarantee this will look ok as the flat edge of the bumper has been removed.

Complete new bumper £150 and wheel arch trim £108 both fitted as pre painted no other costs.

They also suggested a bodyshop repair at £325 which does not make much sense.

Was quite surprised how cheap the bumper is though.
That's really surprised me too, £150 for a bumper and pre-painted too. Are you sure they have given you the correct price. :eek:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts