2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Wow, those pads were ready for the bin. You changed them just in time.

Take it easy for a few hundred miles, especially as you didn't change the disks.

Nice write up BTW
They were actually worn a good bit more on one side than the other??
I have no real lip on the front disc, and a bit of lip on the rear discs, but all will be changed when i upgrade the brake system.
The pads need a 200 mile run in before i do any heavy braking, so thats the plan.
Thats the way i do my brakes, but i have read that pushing the piston back can cause problems rather than bleeding the brakes but ive never had any problems doing it this way.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So more goodies arrived in the post today.

The rain cleared up so i tackled installing my HKS RSK & Heat shield.

Old air box currently in use

Started with removing the sensor

I pushed back the cable tie so i could re-use again in the future

Next i loosened the jubilee clip nearest the air box and pulled the pipe off.

Released the 3 clips to expose the air filter

Filter out

Remove bolt securing airbox in (10mm for anyone wondering)

Pull out the airbox, mine took some persuasion as the rubber feet were holding it in place

Then i started to remove the hoses

Install the coolant pipe supplied with the HKS RSK

I then removed the bolt at the engine mount as this is where the bracket to hold cold air feed in place goes into. (14mm bolt)

Bolt back in with bracket

Insert the metal colar into the end of the cold air feed

Secure with jubilee clip

Next i went about securing in the heat shield,
Removed the two 10mm bolts securing the airbox tray in place

Heat shield and filter bracket in

Remove sensor from existing airbox

Install onto new housing

I then secured the filter onto the bracket. Dont tighten the bolts too tight as you will need to move it to get a good fit.

Last piece is to connect in the air pipe from the TB to the filter and job done.
There was also the last breather pipe that comes with the kit to put on too.

Took it for a quick drive, loving the deep sound from it. Looking forward to seeing what it sounds like in vtec

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Also picked up the front bumper seal from Hendy performance for when i get my new lip installed. First time ordering from Hendy, very quick delivery and email confirmation.

Also picked up some new polishing pads for my buffer.
So if the rain stays away at the weekend i might tackle the car with these.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Nice write ups dude, pretty much a how to guide.
The HKS sounds the nuts but my mpg has seen a sharp decrease since having one

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Had fun with the HKS RSK over the weekend.
I was not expecting it to be as loud as it is, its crazy in vtec.
I would say it would easily drown out the noise of an aftermarket exhaust!
Only thing i did notice after a good drive the intake pipe was very hot.
Now it could have been from lying up for a few minutes and the heat of the radiator on it.
I think i will order a Hondata TB gasket anyway

Anyway, i was leaving work on Friday and must have picked up a screw somewhere. Flat rear when i went out to the car Saturday morning.
I thought no big deal went to get it plugged and the guy said to me after inflating it that the tyre was gone. Big bulge in the side wall.
Not a happy camper, seeing as i had to drive the last 2 days with the space saver on as no where here stock Eagle F1's
I will have it sorted tomorrow morning at the local tyre centre as i got them to order one in for me.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Its grim to find a screw/nail in your tyre and a real shame they couldn't plug that for you.

I recently found a might nail in the sidewall, which mullered the tyre Since then I've been considering getting a spare wheel. Fortunately I mostly work from home so its not a priority. I'd also have to find somewhere to store it.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Its grim to find a screw/nail in your tyre and a real shame they couldn't plug that for you.

I recently found a might nail in the sidewall, which mullered the tyre Since then I've been considering getting a spare wheel. Fortunately I mostly work from home so its not a priority. I'd also have to find somewhere to store it.
Stop €150 for the tyre at a local garage. They could plug the wheel but i had driven to far on the tyre when it was deflated that the sidewalls were damaged.
Its weird because the car felt fine to drive.

At least we get a spare wheel, a lot of new cars dont seem to come with them?
And i noticed that the alloy doesnt fit into the boot where the space saver comes out!!

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
...we get the option of a spare...

Yeah the wheel well is quite narrow, fine for a speed restricted space saver but nay good for a full sized wheel. It kinda works okay as a temporary 'get me home' option.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I picked the car up earlier as i got the call to say it was ready.
Ill get some better pics up at the weekend

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ive ordered a GP rear splitter to finish off the back of the car.
So this will need to painted to match and thats pretty much the exterior finished unless i decide to pick up a mugen front grill.

Brakes are the next item on my to do list.
Im also toying with the idea of dropping it 15mm all round.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
That looks great dude! The more I see the mugen wing the more I want one but personally I think they look out of place on a stock rear splitter, but yours looks great! The rear gp kit will finish it off nicley.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Havint done too much lately,

Ive been on the look out for a possible set of wheels.

So i bit the bullet this morning and picked up a set of Work Emotion 11R in matt bronze. 18 x 7.5 x ET+38 so they should help fill the arches a bit better than standard.
I should have them next week so hopefully ill get them on next weekend.

I got a GP rear splitter to replace the current splitter as i prefer the look of GP.
I have this fitted a while but dont have any pics at the moment due to all the rain we have been getting. Ill try get some up later.

Only other mod i bought was an automatic wing mirror module. Wing mirrors open and close from the key fob. (should of been there from standard)

Got the machine polisher out.
The sun went in before i got a chance to get any more pics

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
Ooh, the new alloys should look the biz.

Looking fwd to pic's of the splitter.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The wheels landed into me this morning.

Hope to get them fitted this evening on the way home from work, ill get some pics up later if i get a chance

21 - 40 of 82 Posts