1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Oh that looks Balltic

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
what we need is one of them instant windscreen defrosters like shown in the ford fiesta advert with the robotic dog :) i loved the tiny writing in brackets saying (not show in real time)

wonder how many people actually bought the fiesta thinking it would do this

·
Registered
248 Posts
Shame Ford have a patent on the heated windscreen idea I think otherwise I think more and more manufacturers would have a heated windscreen too.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Shame Ford have a patent on the heated windscreen idea I think otherwise I think more and more manufacturers would have a heated windscreen too.
well the ctr gt does have heated windscreen but the fiesta is claimed in the advert to be alot faster, i have o say mine only takes about 3 mins from start to finish to thaw out

·
Registered
106 Posts
That mmmm makes mm me freezzzzing just looking at it.
i would say about ten hot water bottles would have kept it frost free **[smilie=upyeah.gif]

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I'm sure that the older style BMW Mini was available with this as an option as I've been in a couple that looked as if they had the tiny zigzag heating elements in the windscreen.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
well the ctr gt does have heated windscreen but the fiesta is claimed in the advert to be alot faster, i have o say mine only takes about 3 mins from start to finish to thaw out
The Ford system takes less than a minute with a fully frozen screen, the CTR only has the normal 'blower' system.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I'm sure that the older style BMW Mini was available with this as an option as I've been in a couple that looked as if they had the tiny zigzag heating elements in the windscreen.
No, its a Ford only option.
Wonder what the tiny vertical zigzag lines all the way across the windscreen were then ? They were approx 0.3mm thick and about 5mm apart.

I had always assumed that it was a heated windscreen.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Just found this on an ebay listing

But I thought Ford™ was the only company who can use heated windscreens?
Nope, this is a common misconception. Actually Ford™ were just one of the first main-stream manufacturers to offer heated windscreen technology, they also gave it their own brand name called Quickclear™. However the technology is widely available and that's why we have been dealing in heated windscreens for over 10 Years

May well have been a factory option after all.​

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
After-market electrically heated windscreens were \ are available for the old mini ...

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
No snow up here. i love it!!! Roles reversed!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts