2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I called yesterday to enquire about a FRS to see if this would sort the uneven tyre wear on the rear of my type s 2.2.

I've read on the forum a lot about FRS transforming the handling of the car but mainly due to a combination of FRS and lowering springs. I'm not really interested in lowering the car so would a FRS alone make a noticeable difference to the car without the springs in your opinion ?

Hope this isn't too blunt but I only ask as its taken 5 years for the tyres to wear unevenly enough to cause a noise and at £200 for new tyres which could last another 5 years, if I'm not going to benefit much from a FRS on standard springs I may as well just buy tyres.

Cheers for any info or advice :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi there, I called yesterday to enquire about a FRS to see if this would sort the uneven tyre wear on the rear of my type s 2.2.

I've read on the forum a lot about FRS transforming the handling of the car but mainly due to a combination of FRS and lowering springs. I'm not really interested in lowering the car so would a FRS alone make a noticeable difference to the car without the springs in your opinion ?

Hope this isn't too blunt but I only ask as its taken 5 years for the tyres to wear unevenly enough to cause a noise and at £200 for new tyres which could last another 5 years, if I'm not going to benefit much from a FRS on standard springs I may as well just buy tyres.

Cheers for any info or advice :)
Hi Dan, thanks for the question.

In short, yes. You're always going to benefit from having correctly setup geoemetry. This is whether you drive everywhere like you've stolen it, or just potter around. Our FRS corrects front and rear geometry, the latter of course, not being adjustabe as standard. Our custom settings increase responsiveness through the steering and give better feel and turn in and also help to reduce uneven tyre wear over a period of time.

The only thing about your question that i would point out is, that once a tyre has worn in a particular pattern (ie. uneven) it is almost impossible to counter that or correct it through just the geometry. In a perfect world, you would wait until you've got the most use out of them as possible (staying legal of course) and then put new ruber on all round and then have the geometry properly sorted.

I hope this makes sense, and if you have any other questions or queries, let me know or call me on 01270 567177.

Thanks again, and i hope this helps,

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts