2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been to have the FRS treatment today and all I can say is if anyone is thinking of getting it done, stop thinking and get it booked in. I thought the civic handled well Before but now it's totally different turn in feels a lot better and the whole car feels more planted, not been able to test fully as the weather Hasn't been great today plus my winter tyres are not up to it.

About abp all I can say is their customer service is quite possibly the best I've seen/experienced in a while nothing seems to be too much for them and were happy to answer any questions i had (no matter how stupid they were), also very good at recommending how else I can upset my bank manager haha. I'll definitely be back once the weather starts to pick up for some tyres/anti roll bar. Oh and another thing the work started on time and didn't take too long which is a rarety nowadays in garages I find.

So anyway thanks again and here's to a long and expensive relationship :lol:

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Trying to get mine booked in with revolution, no idea what they are like but seems to be a lack of options round here! Can i ask how much it cost?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Trying to get mine booked in with revolution, no idea what they are like but seems to be a lack of options round here! Can i ask how much it cost?
Tell is about it. Absolutely nothing round here. I was going to travel to abp or tdi in spring time for this. A friend had his Focus ST done at revolution and they kept telling him his rears where not adjustable, which they are. Im staying well clear me.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Been 2 year now since I had frs and 15mm springs fitted at Abp,still has good today has the day it was done.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It cost me around 215 but did get a panel filter at the same time (and didn't need many shims on the rear)

·
Gaz
686 Posts
I cant really comment on the difference, as I cheated. My car had FRS when I bought it, but I can say it does have very good handling.

When I turn in now, no matter how wet (F1'S) She sticks to the road like glue. No body roll, no understeer, just apex after apex! :VroumVroum01:

Might even go as far as saying better than my ep3! :worms:

Gaz

·
D and A said i did it
450 Posts
Tell is about it. Absolutely nothing round here. I was going to travel to abp or tdi in spring time for this. A friend had his Focus ST done at revolution and they kept telling him his rears where not adjustable, which they are. Im staying well clear me.
Well i contacted then wednesday for a quote and they havent got back to me yet so i might just go elsewhere! Ive got a rally mechanic mate so i mite be given him a ring and buy the bits myself!

·
Dan
199 Posts
When i first bought my car i took it into revolution to get alignment done they supplied and fitted my front eibach camber bolts, little did I know but when i took it to ABP for FRS and springs fitted they told me that revolution had fitted camber bolts for a diesel civic and they were too small which had knocked my alignment how, this is the only problem i've had with them though, had a few other things fitted by them with no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts