2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that are long way from ABP or TDi

You can get it done at "Drivers" in Glasgow (Charing Cross). It cost me @ £40 for the bolts and settings by post from ABP and Drivers installed it for @ £90

Drivers Performance Centre :: Glasgow ::

Both ABP and Drivers give a First class service :cool:

I had to go back for a second visit to Drivers as my steering wheel was not centered when driving straight. No problem - I called in after work and they adjusted and test drove about 3 times before it was spot on. After the second visit the car is better still with the understeer much reduced.

It is well worth doing (probably for all 2006+ civic models).

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's not a big job fitting front camber bolts, then you just need someone with laser gear to set the camber and toe.

Its hardly a FRS if your only doing the front though.
It's the rear that really needs the attention as its that bit that throws the car in ditches when cornering at speed as its stepping about.
Bit more toe and camber on the back and its planted. No more skipping about under you.;)

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not a big job fitting front camber bolts, then you just need someone with laser gear to set the camber and toe.

It's the rear that really needs the attention as its that bit that throws the car in ditches when cornering at speed as its stepping about.
Bit more toe and camber on the back and its planted. No more skipping about under you.;)

I would have the rear done if I thought it needed it, but it has not shown any signs of slipping before the front in 15,000miles

I was following a rare lotus 2-Eleven for a while today (I know it would eat a CTR for breakfast) and noticed had much more rear wheel camber than front. But it does have rear wheel drive though.

·
Registered
90 Posts

TPW, what would you need to go for to get the 'full' racing setup then ? Would I require additional bolts for the rear and if so are they the same (i.e. I just purchase 4) ?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's brillant news, do they supply the neccessary parts for the FRS? They only 20mins away from where I stay
They might be able to supply parts as well. I ordered them from ABP to get their recommended FRS geometry settings (they were delivered within a day or so !).

·
Registered
610 Posts
TPW, what would you need to go for to get the 'full' racing setup then ? Would I require additional bolts for the rear and if so are they the same (i.e. I just purchase 4) ?
You need the rears shimming to get the desired settings. Was easy on the old Civic's and teggy's as you only needed an adjustable threaded link. Its not like that on the FN2 unfortunatly.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
The rear needs shims not bolts so you need to go to TDI North really who have done a few so know how many shims are required to get the right settings. The wheel hub needs to be removed everytime a shim is placed so the more knowledge the better in this case i think. Not sure if ABP have done any rear shims yet as they didn't when i had my FRS done there a couple of months back. Going to TDI at the weekend to have the full works done so fingers crossed on good guess work or it will be a long day 4+ hours and a first service on top of that. FRS does make a big difference though so shimming the rear to and having the front and rear re-aligned should be even better. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
The rear needs shims not bolts so you need to go to TDI North really who have done a few so know how many shims are required to get the right settings. The wheel hub needs to be removed everytime a shim is placed so the more knowledge the better in this case i think. Not sure if ABP have done any rear shims yet as they didn't when i had my FRS done there a couple of months back. Going to TDI at the weekend to have the full works done so fingers crossed on good guess work or it will be a long day 4+ hours and a first service on top of that. FRS does make a big difference though so shimming the rear to and having the front and rear re-aligned should be even better. :D

What would the charge be for the full works then, front and back ?

Really looking to get the handling more track oriented.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
now thats some good news , no more trips down south for me

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Change of recommendation for Glasgow FRS

The set up Drivers did for me was miles out - far too much negative camber with resultant excessive tyre wear. Drivers don't have the correct gear to do this set up properly in my opinion

I would recommend one of these centres instead (You will need to check if they will fit the camber bolts though):

www.AlignMyCar.co.uk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts