2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering have a FRS done, but don't really want the car lowering. Is it worth having it done but not getting Eibachs? Will it still improve the car significantly or do you really need the Eibachs to get the full effect?

Cheers :)

·
Honda nut
2,793 Posts
I would say if you want to get the most out of the frs you need ,springs or coilovers and a set of spacers ..

·
WARRIOR
2,107 Posts
Get it done mate, I had it done before getting Eibachs, then reset afterwards.

Makes a big difference if done correctly, even to the standard car;)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just wanted to check you guys (ABP) will do this on a stock car? And also, do you have a current price?

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nevermind, gave them a call this morning. Super helpful, booked in this week :) Cheers.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Sorry for delay in replying and thanks for the booking :cool:

In short YES you can just carry out a FRS on a car with standard suspension and the gains are very noticable. Obviously the benefits of the FRS with a good set of springs will be more advantageous but springs aren't essential for the FRS.

Chris

·
Registered
905 Posts
Had my frs done on stock suspension and it handles so much better. To start with the the geo is usually out on the front and the steering weight feels inconsistent going from very light to weighted. After the frs the steering is far more consistent and weighted plus it will prolong your tire life too and the handling is amazing. Get it booked in ;)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had my frs done on stock suspension and it handles so much better. To start with the the geo is usually out on the front and the steering weight feels inconsistent going from very light to weighted. After the frs the steering is far more consistent and weighted plus it will prolong your tire life too and the handling is amazing. Get it booked in ;)
That's great to know - having a lot of issues with my steering being mega light so hopefully this will make it a bit better :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
ABP in Crewe
They know their stuff and they are super helpful with noobs like me

Anyone know how much they charge for FRS on stock setup ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
For both standard and lowered cars, on all 8th gen Civics we charge between £190.00 and £224.00 including VAT and labour to do our FRS, dependant on the number of rear shims we need to use.

Check your tire pressure, if it's inflated too high it will make the steering feel too light. Gone for 32psi front and rear on mine :)
Too right Dave, tyre pressures and obviously tyre manufacturer (ie budget tyres) are often overlooked and can cause vague steering and feeling when cornering and pushing on. No matter how much you spend on geometry and suspension, having budget or non-branded tyres will make the car feel terrible.

Rich

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Getting some new tyres is next on the list. Just to check, I won't need to have the FRS done again when I change tyres will I?

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
No mate :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got home from ABP, car feels fantastic! Really happy.

Things i've noticed:
- steering seems to feel more weighty
- at motorway speeds the car is a hell of a lot more stable, never really noticed it as a problem previously but feels very different now
- when cornering it really feels like the tyres are digging in, just feels like you have bags more grip
- no VSA issues! I've had problems in the past with my VSA being overactive - going mental and slamming the brakes on when cornering at any speed (but not too fast). This doesn't seem to happen anymore although it's too early to say for sure.

It turns out my geometry was miles out - infact the bloke at the desk said he'd never seen any that far out before (8.5mm toe on rear right) and it's likely the previous owner has banged it or been banged into. It was so far out they can only correct a certain amount, so its still out a little but it's as close as we can get it.

So, massive thanks to ABP for sorting it. Really helpful bunch, definately be coming back for any work I need doing in the future :)

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yep completely stock. I don't know if it just made mine so much better because it was so far out before but definitely worth having done IMO

1 - 20 of 22 Posts