2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if an FRSU is worth it on standard springs and shocks. Most of the threads that discuss FRSU seem to be where it was done in conjunction with fitting 15mm or 30mm lowering springs. Has anyone had an FRSU on standard suspension and what are your thoughts on it?

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
I've had a set up done on standard springs and it does make a difference. I'm glad I had it done. If I did it again though I would have the Eibach pro kit fitted at the same time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
The suspension has to be disconnected in order to fit camber bolts / shims for a FRSU anyway, so I would say that it's worth fitting 15mm Eibachs at the same time, considering that the springs are only about £150 from the right sources. The labour charge won't be much different.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
On the flip side of this, are they any negative impacts of fitting lowering springs without doing an FRSU at the same time?

I know the benefits of the FRSU and definitely on my list, but could do with leaving it for the time being, but i'm eager to get the eibachs fitted.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Fitting shorter springs will definitely change the geometry, and you will need the car realigned. It will handle poorly until done, and may cause excessive wear to tyres and suspension components (bushings). Get both done at once - as above, the suspension has to be disconnected to do both the FRSU and springs, so you might as well wait until you have the money and save a bit overall.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Fitting shorter springs will definitely change the geometry, and you will need the car realigned. It will handle poorly until done, and may cause excessive wear to tyres and suspension components (bushings). Get both done at once - as above, the suspension has to be disconnected to do both the FRSU and springs, so you might as well wait until you have the money and save a bit overall.
Thanks for that info. Yeah, i do like to save money in the long run, and definitely don't want to cause excessive wear on my tyres (tight-a$$ that i am!), so i think i'll take your advice and hold off on it for a bit longer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts