2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask what settings you's use for the FRST please?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Frsu

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
the given settings are:
Stoneys:
at the front 1.6degrees negative camber and .4mm toe out each side,
at the rear .6mm toe in and 1.4 degrees camber.
#(Rear toe should be 1mm toe in overall.)#

ABP:

Front toe: 1mm toe out overall (0.5mm toe out each side)
Front camber: 1 degree negative each side

Rear toe: 2mm toe in overall
Rear camber: 1 degree negative each side

TDI North:

Front toe - 1.00 out
Front camber - 1.25 negative

Rear toe - 1.00 - 1.25 toe in
Rear camber - 0.75 negative

Elite:

1.5 neg front and rear and making the tyres 2-5mm Toeing in for even wear for tyres
1-2 mm out =better handling

its all personal preference at the end of the day as i prefer my front toe at 0.02 inwards but that's just me with my rigid setup.;)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers fella

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
the given settings are:
Stoneys:
at the front 1.6degrees negative camber and .4mm toe out each side,
at the rear .6mm toe in and 1.4 degrees camber.
#(Rear toe should be 1mm toe in overall.)#

ABP:

Front toe: 1mm toe out overall (0.5mm toe out each side)
Front camber: 1 degree negative each side

Rear toe: 2mm toe in overall
Rear camber: 1 degree negative each side

TDI North:

Front toe - 1.00 out
Front camber - 1.25 negative

Rear toe - 1.00 - 1.25 toe in
Rear camber - 0.75 negative

Elite:

1.5 neg front and rear and making the tyres 2-5mm Toeing in for even wear for tyres
1-2 mm out =better handling

its all personal preference at the end of the day as i prefer my front toe at 0.02 inwards but that's just me with my rigid setup.;)

^^^ THIS ^^^

It's all about what YOU want, not what the garage wants to give you. A decent garage will ask you, not tell you.

And just to add to the mix, Grinspeed set my car up for regular fast road and occasional track, very similar to Stoney's settings...

Front: -1.5 degrees camber, 1mm toe out
Rear : -1.1 degrees camber, 1mm toe in

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks, mine won't see the track, more for fast road as I like me twisty roads

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Was wondering if I could be cheeky and ask what settings you's use for the FRST please?
Many thanks, mine won't see the track, more for fast road as I like me twisty roads
Seejay has kindly replied with our settings, but like others have said, we can set it to a more aggressive track spec or anything in between really.

We stock the camber bolts and shims if you need any and if you want advise on which shims you require for the rear, feel free to email or PM me a printout of your current geo and I'll help the best I can.

Rich

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The important thing is to get the car driving straight first and then to add the frs. As if you set it to whatever toe above it might drive off centre.

It's neutral plus the additional toe and across the axle ;)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Getting a 4 wheel alignment print out off any company with a decent rig and good knowledge will give you accurate, current readings. From that, you can work out what, if any shims are required for the rear. You can also see if the front toe or camber needs tweaking, to improve steering feel and response.

Rich

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Maybe this is a silly question but how much should a fast Road setup cost me providing I have the parts required bought already?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Maybe this is a silly question but how much should a fast Road setup cost me providing I have the parts required bought already?
If the garage is just fitting front camber bolts and setting front toe, it shouldn't take any longer than an hour and a half, two at the very most if they aren't familiar with using the bolts.

Hope this helps.

Rich

1 - 16 of 16 Posts