1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not unless your car is mapped for a higher octane. The benefits would be negligible and you'd be better sticking with 95 fuel. If you map the car and have it done for a higher octane fuel I'd always seek it at the pump and use the additive as a backup mate.

·
Love Mi-VTEC!
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, I've never used an additive before so may as well continue that way from the sounds of it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I live in Holland but live close to Germany and when I`m in the neighborhood I usually cross the border to fill my tank with Aral Ultimate 102 octane fuel.
I can tell you it really makes a difference on my car. I use a different map calibration to get the most from the fuel and the car feels much more agressive and alive and at the same time more smoothness at low revs. When at the highway at cruise speed you can also let go of the gaspedal almost completely as the car seems to drive out of his own. Crazy stuff that Aral Ultimate 102 octane.
Another nice thing is that it`s even 1 Eurocent cheaper as 95 octane Shell fuel in my home country Holland.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts