2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anyone know how to remove the silver part of fuel cap want to paint it thanks

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Hey bud, it's fixed I'm afraid, you could snap it off by gently breaking the fixing clips, only then you'd need to glue it back on.

Search the how to section for a guide on fitting the aluminium tank lid and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers

Nick

Reactions: smig64

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
m thanks guys just had a quick look just wanted to paint it grrrr thanks again

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
Could you not just throw a big sheet over the car and mask the area around it?
Thats what I would do...

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
normally but its to cold outside to spray plus want to prep it properly

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
understandable mate, i was lacquering in the garage earlier had to turn the heaters on 4 hours before i could do anything in there!
it just doesnt go on right in the cold :(

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Im making fuel caps in case anyone needs one.

I broke all the clips on mine so im making a slightly thicker one that i can mount better.

be £15 each i reckon. might coat them in primer so you can put your own colour on. Then when ive got a bit of spare cash i will get some carbon fibre cloth ordered and make some nicer ones.

·
Premium Member
1,761 Posts

I broke all the clips on mine so im making a slightly thicker one that i can mount better.

be £15 each i reckon. might coat them in primer so you can put your own colour on. Then when ive got a bit of spare cash i will get some carbon fibre cloth ordered and make some nicer ones.
Any pics. I would be up for one
Cheers phil

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

hi bud seen ya thread how will these attach to the car then could you not get a type r one to coppy will be well popular bud

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I believe they are all the same mate. I have used the type R one to make the mould.

they will be flat on the underneath so that you can either glue them on or drill them and screw them on. you will need small screws though.

I will post updates on my thread when i get a few made.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok mate look forward to them im in anyway

Reactions: crowmar kirkliss
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.