2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been very pleased with the accuracy of the fuel computer, have checked it several times by the filling to the top of the filler spout method as a comparison and found it spot on - much better than my previous 8 gen., but wish petrol consumption was better - only getting 29 mpg around town(1.8 auto)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
we get 26 around town with our 8 gen auto, so there's an improvement.

Maybe summer will see better figures with a quicker warm up time.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get around 36mpg on 1.8 auto Tourer. Has done 22k now but am going to change air filter soon. On recent 3 year service dealer said not due till 37.5k. seems a bit too long to me. Hopefully will improve it a bit.

Locally I seem to get around 30-32 although I do live rural some 4 miles from nearest town. Go a little further once a week with 40 miles on a fast A road.

Always good to keep on top of tyre pressures and make sure brake slider pins aren't sticking. Low pressures and binding brakes can easily worsen consumption by 2-5 mpg.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 1.6 diesel is normally 4mpg out, i.e higher on computer than calculated. However that is against an average of 65-70mpg on a tank even in this cold weather ?

Only had it since December so keen to see how much higher it gets in summer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts