2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
After a couple of theft attempts on my CTR FK2 I desperately want to fit a fuel cut off switch (or something similar) - does anyone have any expereince of doing this on this model please?
I can't even seem to locate the actual fuel pump itself, never mind fit a switch to it.

Thanks, Bob.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,449 Posts
Hello,
After a couple of theft attempts on my CTR FK2 I desperately want to fit a fuel cut off switch (or something similar) - does anyone have any expereince of doing this on this model please?
I can't even seem to locate the actual fuel pump itself, never mind fit a switch to it.

Thanks, Bob.
I think the fuel tank is under the drivers seat, was on my 8G 5dr anyway, I'd imagine the fuel pump is lurking about under there somewhere?

DOH! Just realised the FKR is a 9G... Fuel tank still under the drivers seat though...

·
Registered
593 Posts
How about finding the correct fuse for the fuel pump and interrupting that with a switch?

Before the advent of ECUs a battery switch was the answer.

·
Off-Road Nut!!!
303 Posts
Depends on why you are fitting it. I do 4x4 competitions in my Suzuki so have to be up to MSA spec. My cut out switch isolates the battery and also stops
the engine in one go. If I am going away for a few days I use the switch and remove the key. :wink3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts