2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I know this has been covered before but as yet I can't find the answer to this question. Can the fuel release cable be adjusted or is it a case of fitting a new one? We've not had the car long and the fuel release has finally given up. It has the little black mod spring fitted but it seems the cable has stretched. If I pull the level fully open the flap does not release until I reach around the back of the lever with a finger and push the cable itself!! It's a 2006 car and we bought it privatley so I assume Honda will not want to address this issue for free?
Any help or advice greatly appreciated,
Gareth.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Recall

sorry to hijack,just been on the recall my car is booked in on wednesday for the battery draindue to micu failure.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
'honda still might look at it as its still an issue,check to see if yours as been done by recall type your vin number in the link.'

I've checked on the webiste and mine's up to date but I'm going to the stealers tomorrow for an insurance quote as a wall jumped out in front of the Mrs when she was driving home!!! So I may enquire then but I still wonder if the cable can be adjusted or does it need a new cable.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
still wonder if the cable can be adjusted or does it need a new cable.

the fault is at the pulley end if you can remove the surrounding trim you will see how it fits to the pulley,the cable may have been pulled out of its retaining position hence the slackness in the cable.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. Is the pulley end the fuel cap end? I can feel the cable at the back of the lever and it seems to be ok that end. I'm retro fitting parking sensors soon so will be pulling the rear trim out then so will also look at the filler cap.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Ok, thanks. Is the pulley end the fuel cap end? I can feel the cable at the back of the lever and it seems to be ok that end. I'm retro fitting parking sensors soon so will be pulling the rear trim out then so will also look at the filler cap.

the fuel cap release pulley lever at the front,next the bonnet release.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OOOOHHHHH I love this site. Thanks Deni.babe, 10 mins spent and I have a nice clunk as the fuel cap pops open.
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts