2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
related to auto lock/unlock?

Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Had my car in the dealership today to have the fuel filler cap release problem fixed. However when I got home and checked - it did not work still. Fuming I rang the dealership up and they asked me to bring it back straight away which I did as they are only about a mile away. I arrived and handed over the keys - they drove it around the back to the workshop and after about 5 minutes the engineer comes around to the showroom to tell me there is no problem - it opens every time for him. Turns out I use the automatic door lock and unlock feature and when you switch the engine off all the doors unlock - EXCEPT FOR THE FUEL FILLER CAP - DOH - Maybe this has been the problem with the fuel filler cap all along. The trick is to press the unlock button on the key before you pull the filler release lever.
Does everyone with the filler release problem use the auto door lock/unlock?
Its been removed from 07 models!!! Unbelievable I thought. Perhaps this was one of the reasons!!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Yea I'm still havin a problem with the ******* thing not opening and I've had the Honda spring mod thing fitted for around a month or two. I've tried adjusting the spring to help open it but it still fails to open on request.

Not got the auto door lock thing activated either. I'm going to take it back to the stealer to see if they can adjust the cable leading from the lever to the filler cap as there doesn't seem to be much tension in the lever.. :confused:

Flippin annoying as I keep having to go back and forth to the lever when I need to fill up. The bonnet lever has much more tension in the lever and springs the bonnet open not like the filler crap..! :mad:

Apart from that I'm still lovin the motor..!! Honest... ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts