2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i just done my mot i have some advisory fuel filler pipe corroded they asked for £212 to fix it in mot centre and also told me i have to wait few month as the part not available can buy after market and fix it myself any advice or tutorial , also i have to replace wing mirror indicator in driver side i can not find anyway to replace the bulb , it has to be the whole lens should be replace anyone any advice thanks guys

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi sorry not been able to reply .i managed to jack my car up and tried to remove the fuel filker neck ,but because it was so long and not straight couldn't remove it,the rust wasn't that bad i cleaned sand it and spray it tudned out nice i was going to get photo because it was raining and i needed to fix it quick ,i forgot to take a photo when i paint it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your axle stands aren't in the correct place.

Jack the rear of the car up by the towing hook and place your axle stands at the back of the sills, the sills aren't used for jacking the car up on Honda's, for the rear it's the towing hook and on the front it's the subframe from the middle.

And you still have a diesel leak, nine months later?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for letting me know next time I will do, what about at front where is best place to put trolley jack too use jack stand

·
Registered
368 Posts
Thanks for letting me know next time I will do, what about at front where is best place to put trolley jack too use jack stand
From the very middle of the car, you need to lay down to see it. You have your subframe then in the middle of the subframe you have a spot to jack it up. If you still have your undertrays on you should see like a rubber bump, that's the jacking point. Then lower the car on to axle stands on the sills where the sill protrudes more. Pretty much all Japanese cars use the same principles for jacking points. Front subframe and rear towing hook.

There was a manual with all the jacking points etc highlighted, but I don't seem to be able to find it any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts