2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to finishing the dreaded fuel filter change..what a fart of a job that is, but i will absolutely recommend that anybody thinking of doing this gets on with it because this has transformed my R . Im pretty sure looking at clips and fittings and the general state of it that this is the original filter that has done 118000 miles anyway getting to the thing is fairly straight forward but actually getting it out of the tank is a pain still once out it is quite an easy job if you take your time, there are several o rings to change and I found a smear of engine oil on these made them slide home a doddle.The tea bag filter on the pump was black with dirt so I cleaned this with brake cleaner and rinsed in clean petrol several times until it was clean, wipe out the white plastic bowl it all sits in at the same time as its surprising how much muck is in the bottom of that as well.As I said changing this filter has made a world of difference the car revs smoother, it idles smoother, and when driving all the hesitation and jerkiness at 2500-3000 rpm has vanished and the pick when accelerating is now instant.what a difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did have a browse of the how to on this forum but in the end just followed my nose as it were and no the tea bag filter does not come with the filter assembly at least not with the one I had.. but I believe if you buy a new electric fuel pump the teabag is part of the kit that comes with that..I did enquire at cox's honda but was told that the teabag is not available separately..however they are available on american ebay for a few quid but delivery is quite expensive..just to point out its not a filter/pump unit what you get for your 50 odd quid is just the filter and fittings everything else, the fuel pump,pressure regulator etc you need to swap over from the old filter body

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one thing i forgot to mention is the fuel filter is located between the front seats under the centre console not under the rear seat as you tube videos suggest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts