2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the hell you fit a new fuel filter on these civics I've got one on here just need to know how to fit it and where it's at can't find videos on YouTube ?

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was under the impression you didn't get a replaceable filter for the 1.8, and that you replaced the whole sender/filter unit in a oner.
Lol I hope not I've ordered it already

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
i stripped the car center console out and brought the part, and paid the Honda garage £60 to fit it when i had the valve clearance done

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i stripped the car center console out and brought the part, and paid the Honda garage £60 to fit it when i had the valve clearance done
Did they agree to fit it for £60 or did you hint ?

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
i asked them how much they would charge me to do it, they were a bit reluctant because they wanted to check the part was genuine, which it was (COX)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i asked them how much they would charge me to do it, they were a bit reluctant because they wanted to check the part was genuine, which it was (COX)
Yeh definitely no fuel filter in the engine bay lol

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
you have to get to the fuel filter from the inside of the car, you need to remove the center console and there is a metal plate held with four screws remove that and the filter is underneath

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've no idea either not even in Haynes Manual arh well wait till it comes then send it back (autodoc)

·
Registered
153 Posts
I might be wrong because at the end of the day mines a diesel but of all petrol cars i have owned the picture you are showing looks to me like the fuel tank pump and sits in the fuel tank usually accessed through the floor of the car

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I done this on a 1.4 civic last week. There is good info on a previous thread. You have to put the o rings that come with the new filter on the fuel pump
and fuel regulator , take these off existing one, there is a video guide worth a watch. The fuel regulator fitted at bottom must be fully pushed home and
held in place with the retainer clip. Mine popped out and had to get towed home and after some headache redone job and found fault. The pump also
has an o ring with a similar push fit. I used my existing screwed ring at top and line up marks on car body & filter housing. it is also a good idea to mark
existing ring position before slackening for refitting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts