2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any problems with fuel gauge/milage display?
My diesel was showing 10 miles before it was empty when i came home last night, i went to the garage this morning (which is less than a mile away from my home)and stuck a tenner in it (measly 7 litres).
When i got back in the car and started it the gauge and the computer didnt move and wont reset.
Came home and the trip computer is showing 7 miles to go.Nipped back to the garage in wifes car and filled a can.
Its now had 12 litres in it and wont reset.
Anybody any ideas????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
think theres a thread on this somewhere.... something to do with a certain amouunt of fuel needed to reset.... try searching

Reactions: dobe

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Think you need to add at least 10 litres at once for it to reset?

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved!
Filled the mother up (35 litres) and it reset itself!!!!!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
This is because fuel tank iz under driver seat and pipes for petrol are very long from fuel cap to tank and for thet you need 10l minimum.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Is there any problems with fuel gauge/milage display?
My diesel was showing 10 miles before it was empty when i came home last night, i went to the garage this morning (which is less than a mile away from my home)and stuck a tenner in it (measly 7 litres).
When i got back in the car and started it the gauge and the computer didnt move and wont reset.
Came home and the trip computer is showing 7 miles to go.Nipped back to the garage in wifes car and filled a can.
Its now had 12 litres in it and wont reset.
Anybody any ideas????:confused::confused::confused::confused:
I have type r did same today.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I must say when my range has shown <5 miles, lots of times i've put a tenner in and its shot up to ~75 miles...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts