2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first time that I have owned a car with a pessimistic fuel usage computer. I did 200 kms in the car from new and then filled it at my local supermarket (level ground). Then did 465 kms and filled it again (same pump) with 26.5 litres. Petrol is 1 euro per litre so this is easy. The car said 6.6 litres per 100 kms which is 43 mpg ... not good. However the actual consumption works out at 5.7 litres per 100 kms which is 50 mpg ... much better. Anyone else have any views on the accuracy of the onboard computer. My last car was a Renault and it lied to the teeth ... but always told me that it was doing a lot more mpg than it really was.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I have the same problem on mine, the car says around 6.1 liters/100km but hand made accounts for 5.6 liters/100km. I always get 0 Km to refuel before i get the yellow light for the reserve. My last car (Peugeot 206) gets a much more accurate reading.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
to be honest, I've pretty much given up on using mine for it telling me either what my mpg is, or how much range I've got left in the tank :rolleyes:

I fill it up, keep half an eye on the range, half an eye on the fuel gauge and half an eye on the trip meter to see how far I've gone.

generally, I then start to think about filling back up at around the 430 mile mark :)

The 'how much range you've got left' plus 'how far have you gone on this tank full' varies (generally) over the 450 miles between 470 (what it nearly always says when I fill it up) to 580 (what it's generally saying after I've done between 100 and 200 miles) to 350 (what it says every day when doing 70mph down the motorway after dropping wife off) and back to 450 when I'm down to the last qtr tank.

but hey ho - service due in 2,000 miles :) so they can have a look at it then :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts