2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was refilling the other day i left the fuel cap open by accident, now i pulled into the garage to refill for the first time since then and put ten pounds worth of diesel in, but the car hasnt responded to this, it was telling me i had twenty miles of fuel left before i filled up and still says the same now. now im down to nine miles. i have left the car for a few hours and went back to it and the gage still hasnt moved.

i understand theres a chance someone couldve stuffed something down the fuel pipe, if so does anyone know the implications? i.e is there a filter somewhere that will be stopping the foreighn object going so far down/

any help or suggestions would be great.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
The car will often fail to register small quantities of fuel being added because the shape of the tank makes it difficult to measure the level accurately.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Reactions: cowlisim

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks so much i didnt come across those threads. if only id found them before taking the damn bus to work

·
Registered
187 Posts
Simply parking on a slight slope could make the fuel gauge think it had more/less fuel, so there is a level of damping involved to prevent big jumps. Perfectly normal in any car, especially as £10 barely gets you any fuel now :p.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts