2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking for a new fuel pump for my FN2.
Can I use both DW300c and/or DW65c? Which pump you recommend?

I have the TTS kit stage2 inside.

Thanks for help

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
I have used the DW65c and now am using the DW300 (non-compact model). The DW300c was not available when I purchased.

They are both silent pumps (which is important to me) and have been 100% reliable for the time I have had them:
30,000km with DW65C
22,000km with DW300.

DW65c is 100% drop in fitment (need to use stock fuel filter).
DW300 needs modification to the fuel cage.
DW300c should also be 100% drop-in fitment as it has identical dimensions to the DW65c.

All DW pumps require you to use the stock fuel pump "sock" filter as the one provided does not fit in the FN2 fuel cage.

Both will be sufficient for your fuel needs, but I would go for the DW300c for the extra headroom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Beatdown, so I will order the DW300c. :)
Could you provide also the correct part number for the fuel filter?

Thanks for the information :)

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
The filter I am talking about is the "sock" filter attached to the bottom of the pump in this picture: https://www.google.gr/imgres?imgurl...vLAhUBtBoKHeCNACUQMwhCKBswGw&biw=1093&bih=469

Unfortunately Honda do not sell it separately. Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | FUEL TANK (1.4L)(1.8L) (2.0L) | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection OEM

The filter provided with the DW Civic kits is designed to fit the US Civic Si and not the FN2. It is a slightly different shape and will not fit properly into the FN2 fuel cage. If you use it you will have fuel issues.

Use the "sock" filter from the OEM pump and it will fit perfectly. Give it a good spray/clean with degreaser or brake cleaner and it should look like brand new.

Every time I change my fuel pump I fit a new fuel cage as well which also is a filter/strainer. Part # 17048-SMG-E00
A bit overkill, but at about 50euros its cheap for some extra peace of mind.
#5 here: Honda Car and Auto Parts | Honda CIVIC | FUEL TANK (1.4L)(1.8L) (2.0L) | Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda Car Parts Selection OEM

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks a lot :)
So I will order all recommended parts :) including new fuel pump cage.

Edit:
Can I also try the third party product? (Alternate manufacture)
If you say no I will order the OEM part from Honda for ~65 Euros.

Details: (Herth+Buss Fuel filter)
https://www.rexbo.de/jakoparts/kraftstofffilter-j1334041?c=100253&at=22456

It have the same part number
(It is in german)

Originalteilenummern (nur zum Vergleich)HONDA:

17048-SMG-E00 - 17048-TF0-000

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Its possibly the exact same part, except that it doesnt come in a honda labeled box, with a honda part number.
But i dont know to tell you for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thread hijack!

I gotta ask because i've always wondered. Can you just change the the fuel pump to say DW65C without any ecu/fuel pressure mods? Or what is needed? Im thinking of going for fuel pump and injectors with bolt ons on E85 and with headroom to spare for possible bigger upgrades.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup - Re-Tune is necessary.

If the current fuel filter is blocked which issues comes up?
Will be also the fuel pressure increased?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts