2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Does any one tried to install any of those fuel saver magnetics such as super fuel max or fuel Ex and many many more?
Does it work and where is the fuel line?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Fuel is not magnetic for a start. What on earth can a magnet achieve, it is not adding energy to the system and it is not improving efficiency in the components.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Absolute tosh! I can't believe they still sell these things. I'd love to be proved wrong on this but until then I'm keeping that money as beer tokens.

·
AWESOME-O 4000
187 Posts
Stick to the speed limit and use CC ;) I got 38.8mpg Didcot -> Blandford.

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
I get 40mpg.

As said fuel is not magnetic, same goes for those air cyclone things that is ment to improve your fuel economy by making the air like a cyclone in the cylinder. DERP!

Best way to improve fuel economy is by driving slowly with a feather foot.

Or you could go down crazy path and remove the rear seats, spare tire, get lightweight alloys, replace the glass windows with perspex to reduce weight since less weight = less fuel used.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I get 40mpg.

As said fuel is not magnetic, same goes for those air cyclone things that is ment to improve your fuel economy by making the air like a cyclone in the cylinder. DERP!

Best way to improve fuel economy is by driving slowly with a feather foot.

Or you could go down crazy path and remove the rear seats, spare tire, get lightweight alloys, replace the glass windows with perspex to reduce weight since less weight = less fuel used.
Whats he talking about?
Read my post ..Just one above you

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Sorry
Ive got absolutely no idea what youre asking or indeed, talking about. :(
Can someone please help me out?
Look on eBay. It's a plastic/metal contraption that clips onto your fuel line. Apparently the magnets in it do magical things to the petrol and make it last longer. They've been around for years now, but more of an eBay thing than anywhere else.

I did read an article in Max Power or another generic magazine where they tested it and found a positive improvement. I think they even reccommended fitting more than one.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Thanks JR
OMG....What rubbish!!
Some people are so gullible!!

Look at the quality engineering that has gone into it! Back in the 90's people were amazed by magnets. I'll bet if you released a similar product now and said it had "nano technology" people would be just as gullible.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Just did a quick google and found this:
MIRACLE MAGNETS
There are dozens of fuel-line magnets on the market. We tested two. They all make similar claims: substantial improvements in fuel economy, reduced emissions and increased horsepower.

According to the people selling these devices, as gasoline flows past the magnet, the magnetic field will "break apart clusters of fuel molecules so gas burns more efficiently." Problem: Gasoline molecules aren't magnetic, not at all. But wait, there's more. If the fuel line is steel, as many are, the lines of magnetic flux will follow the fuel-line walls instead of passing through the fuel.

THE DYNO SAYS: As we suspected, neither device had any significant effect on performance or economy.

Read more: Looking For A Miracle: We Test Automotive 'Fuel Savers' - Popular Mechanics

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I like the last one! I think if I plug one into my power outlet in the back aswell I should save a fortune! :)

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Grayfox they are soem cracking exaples!!! Really like the oil filter one explaining about the bypass valve for when the filter is clogged. Should the solution not be to stop being a lazy **** and get your car serviced.

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
love them

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
From the picture it just looks like the fuel line is being pinched a little. If you need to do that in order to save fuel then you are accelerating too quickly. The most it will do is reduce the performance by constricting the fuel flow into the engine just the same as not pressing the throtle too hard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.