2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering in the absence of an owner's manual if anyone knows the size of the tank?

I'm guessing 40 litres as I brimmed it last night from the fuel light being on (still two dots) and I only managed to get 36 litres in it. Unless it's got a huge reserve from the light coming on! :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Massive reserve then?! I don't know if I'd dare take it to zero dots. :lol:

I did loose three dots from full in 23 miles this morning. :oops:

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair dues. The gauge is even more pessimistic than the Scooby then! :D

·
Premium Member
475 Posts

Thats good going, i can get 16 miles a dot when on a run! The last three dots do seem to disappear much quicker though but there's obviously still plenty of fuel left.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts

Same as mine John - the first three bricks disappear very quickly and then they slow down. Seems our fuel gauges are not very linear :)

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts
Same as mine John - the first three bricks disappear very quickly and then they slow down. Seems our fuel gauges are not very linear :)

That's a splendid word, Andy, no where enough "linear" language in circulation !

John, if it's any consolation, don't think it's just the FD2 with an inaccurate fuel gauge...I know of several FN3 / FK3 owners that have had there range down to zero before they have refueled...

...personally, don't think that it's worth the risk, and you run the chance of dragging crap up from the bottom of your fuel tank into your carbs...

...but then I don't need to tell you that. ;)

·
Registered
372 Posts

Yeah, it's certainly sizeable! I think the most I have ever had from a tank was 385miles before I bottled it. Still only managed to get 48l in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The FD2R has a 50L fuel tank. The reserve light comes up with about 35L gone, after that by Zero bars you have about 10-15L left. The fuel level sender is mounted near the edge of the tank, which is why when your car sits on an incline, you will occasionally get an extra bar or two again. Kinda like bonus fuel eh? The info on the FD2 is actually listed in quite a few sources, you can also find this detail in copies of the Civic FD2 guide and photobook as well as Japanese publications like Hyper Rev.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts